11/19/05 Thankful

Minis On The Edge

What is one thing you are MOST Thankful for? Why are you so Thankful for that thing?

edited to add:

you know, I am having a hard time with listing only one thing too. So let's change this question to:

What are you MOST Thankful for? Why are you so Thankful for them?

I am thankful for the wonderful husband that God gifted me with, even if he gets on my nerves on occasion.

I have to agree that this too is what I'm most thankful for including the nerve part. LOL That's what keeps things interesting

Peggi

:D well, i'm so thankful for everything that God has blessed me with, a wonderful husband, fantastic, children, and perfect grandchildren :) .

a nice home, good parents, good health, and many many blessings.

But i'm most thankful for Jesus, and all He has done for me.

Well, of course I'm thankful for my hubby, family and friends. That goes without saying. But the one thing I'm most thankful for is my health and the fact that my back is so much better! Without health and being pain free I wouldn't be able to enjoy them or they me!! :D (Just ask Brian, he's had to live with me for the last 15 years!! :) )

I'm thankful for my family, my best friends, for living in a wealthy western country where everyone has the possibility of good education, the right to vote, the right to listen to the music and to watch the films they like, a country of religious freedom, freedom of opinion, where everyone can still effort medical treatment, a country which isn't actively involved in any war and where I still can live safe without possessing a weapon! :)

Iam Thankful for my 3 children my husband even though he does grumble under his breath at me at times and I him, I also am Thankful for good health and so many other things it is hard to list. Iam also greatful for all of my NEW MINI firends.

Lyn

I am most thankful for all the inner gifts I've been blessed with that I can use to pass that blessing on to others :D

I'm thankful for the DH & ensuing DSs & their SOs, etc, & many friends with whom to share the love :)

I'm thankful for the health I still have to give me the strength to maintain it :(

I'm thankful for what creativity I have to make things for others to use & enjoy :p

I'm thandful for a sense of humor that allows me to make "silk purses" out of the nastiest "sow's ears" :D ;)

But I think I'm MOST thankful that venues like this forum show me how many, many of us have been equally blessed with these things :D ;) ;)

When my son was 3 days old he got real sick and spent a week in intensive care with a 24 hr private nurse - after that he was in the hospital for a month - so every day I'm real grateful that he's with me. Also that we have a roof over our heads, our health is pretty good and we don't have to worry about where our next meal is coming from and that I have a supportive family. Those are things I'm thankful for every day.

David

David - how old is your son now? Is his health good?

I am most thankful for Jesus Christ and how much he loves me no matter what. That is truly a blessing to be loved no matter what.

I'm also thankful for my husband, my wonderful boss, and my home.

Susanne

I also am Thankful I have a healthy and loving family who supports my ever evolving endeavers. it has been a bountiful year with a 2 new additional members of our family our Granddaughter and her mother.

but now I want to try and let the folks here at Green leaf and Tracy who invited me to play...just how extremly grateful I am to all of your for allowing me this wonderful opportunity to build all the wonderful houses I had only drooled over in the HBS catolog. I figured I would get to build a house a yr if I was lucky due to the financial situation...shallow pockets. but than an angel wrote me the sweetest e-mail(which I still have) asking me if I would be interrested?

HAHA! interrested? how about YES!!! :)

being homebound on the most part I was always looking for ways to entertain myself and keep my mind busy. well I am always thinking now! and building and planning. Thank-you Greenleaf! I can never express what I feel everytime a new house appears on my doorstep. a sense of purpose and reason to look forward to upcoming days and months. yes that is something to be Thankful for.

and to all my miniature friends I have made on this journey. Thank you for all of the encouragement. VickiVartan was the first friend I made and than I came to this forum. and met and got to know all of you and my life is so blessed.

words are inadequette for what I feel.

May each of you have Happy Holidays and warm fuzzies inside!

Lynette/nutti :D

I am of simular thought as nutti. But very torn between 3 things I am most thankful for as they go together

I am thankful to have a fun hobby, and a wonderful life partner to share's it, and good internet friends.

I am thankful for the medical technology which restored my eyesight this year.

I am thankful for Greenleaf, allowing me to build the haunted house and Mc Kinely house for them. I am very grateful to recieve an email last week aksing if I wished to become part of the official building team. To which i replyed, yes, yes yes.

Having this hobby has made life worth living to me. When I was diagnoised with a cronic uncurable progressive disease 3 years ago, depression set in. I found many who would say such things as "I have a friend or family member with that and they lived a long time" well not everyone does, some progress faster then others. I also got a lot of critisim because this disease has a social stigma. I have COPD, most likely caused by my smoking, hover there are other factors which caused me to develop this along with the smoking. I felt like just curling up in a corner and dying. To be treated with a social attitude of " your sick, oh well, thats what you get" hurts very much. Building and decorating these houses gives me something to look forward to everyday.

I am basicaly homebound as steriods have weakened my immune system, so all of you here mean a lot to me.

A special thanks to Linda who, when I had such trouble seeing, would write me in very large font to tell me of things going on in the miniature community.

A big thanks to greenleaf, and all my friends here.

Melissa

I am thankful for the opportunity to go back to school to earn a degree in the field I truly love. I am thankful for my family who have taken care of me and supported my when life got bad. And I am thankful to the internet which allowed me to meet so many wonderful people who share my interests and bring such joy into my life.

1st, I am Thankful for God. If it were not for him, I would not have all the other things I am Thankful for in my life. Everyday is Thanks Giving in my family. I was taught as a child to always be Thankful for the things I had and we never celebrated "Thanks Giving Day" on one day.

I am Thankful for My Family, Starting with my Parents and my Brothers (especially my younger one who has ALWAYS been my friend). I am Thankful for such a caring and Handsome husband. Every day I wake up, I look at his face and think "how did I get so fortunate to have him?"

I look at my children and feel blessed to have them in my life. They are each so special to me. I am Thankful that I am not "in need" of anything. Though I have been ill and we don't have everything I "want". I do feel all of my needs are met to a degree that brings me contentment.

I am Thankful to Greenleaf (Especially Dean, Lisa & Bev) for giving me the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people who have become "Friends".

Each of you here are Special to me and I must say the Team Builders & Moderators help here in a way that most people don't "openly" know. Each of the Team Builders & Moderators helped & continue to help with site improvements. We discuss things behind the scenes to help things run smoothly and bounce ideas off of each other.

Darrell & Melissa gave ideas 3 years ago on the old forum which are now "for real" on this one.

This year alone, I have met so many "new" friends and I do feel this is a online neighborhood. I go to Teresa's house for her "Pucker Juice" and to Nutti's for a crazy and fun ideas. I go Linda's & Emily's house to stay "sane" and to get advice.

Wende can find Anything. Shucks everyone has so many special talents that they bring that I would write a novel if I named everyone.

What I am trying to say is in other words, I feel like I am visiting with each of you every time I log on here.

Thank ALL of you for making this a community I call "Greenleaf Dollhouse Street"

Okay enough with the sappyness :):D

Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear of your illness. Please, if you haven't quit smoking as of yet, please please try!! If you already have then I, for one, thank you. We need and want you with us for a long time to come.

I'm thankful for all I have in my life, my sister and brother, my son and daughter, my grandchildren and a wonderful husband. My God whom I love and trust.

I'm also thankful for all the mistakes I've made in my life for they've helped me grow and be strong.

And, just so you all know, I'm thankful for you. Your caring and sharing and warmth have helped me so much with this hobby and in my life as well and I'm so thankful to have had the opportunity to meet every one of you.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Wendy

Okay, I don't know about you all, but I'm crying alligator tears over here (really I am)! All your stories and thanks are so touching, it fills my heart!

Thanks be to God for all his mini-blessings!! :)

I am thankfull for my family and friends and God willing I will have them around me for a long time. Unfortunatly I lost a family member this week but I am grateful to God that I had her in my life for as long as I did. She was a wonderful woman full of love and a caring spirit. Always ready for what ever life threw her way. I will miss her dearly but she will be in my heart always.

I am also thankful for all of the wonderful people, no, friends that I have met here. You have given me moral support and encouragement to do things I would never tried on my own and I thank each and every one of you for that.

Thanksgiving is a special time for family and friends to be together and unfortunatly we are spread out all over the world. So on Thursday,after the dishes are done, and everyone goes home I will go into my workshop and think of all of you.

Have a good Thanksgiving.

terri

I am truly thankful for my friends and families who have never let me stay down and have gotten me through the last 3 years and all the surgeries. I'm also thankful for my 3 Siamese and my Corgi who always let me hug on them when it hurts, and they never seem to care how I look or what I am do...they just cuddle up and love me.

And as someone else who is housebound said, I'm really grateful to have found this new circle of riends who I can share my minis with.... it really does help to give you a purpose!

Carol

I guess we all have a lot of things and people to be thankful for, but we might overlook them sometimes. So thank all of you for helping me to remember all the things for which I should be thankful. Everyone said wonderful things, but a few just stood out to me. And since there were too many that I wanted to quote here, I just 'cut and pasted.' No offense to the people I quoted....but, I think you said it better than I could.

To quote Lynette/nutti----"to all my miniature friends...words are inadequate for what I feel."

And Traci----"I feel like I am visiting with each of you every time I log on here.

Thank ALL of you for making this a community I call "Greenleaf Dollhouse Street"

And Terri----"You have given me moral support and encouragement to do things I would never tried on my own and I thank each and every one of you for that."

And Carol----(my pets) "who always let me hug on them when it hurts, and they never seem to care how I look or what I do...they just cuddle up and love me."

And Melissa----"A big thanks to greenleaf, and all my friends here."

And nutti, again----"May each of you have Happy Holidays and warm fuzzies inside!"

I do want to add that I am very thankful to be an American and darn thankful to be a TEXAN.....Yeee Hawww!!! :)

Love to all and Happy Thanksgiving,

Doe

This is a wonderful topic. I have alot to be thankful for, in my life, and one of the things that inspire me is my family. I was one of the few blessed with a great dad, AND a great stepfather, who is responsible for my first 1 inch scale dollhouse. I'm thankful for my mother, who taught me alot of the gifts I use now. I'm most thankful for my husband Chris, and my daughter Amanda, two people who are my cheerleaders and don't say 'Why?' to my ideas and projects, but, 'why not?' and 'When?' without their drive and their push my creativity would not have progressed thus far, and I wouldn't be doing a career that I love, and using my talent to full potential. I think friends that I meet through this wonderful hobby, and my family, are the best reasons to be thankful.............material possessions come and go, but these friendships and family connections last forever.

:D and I'm a lot thankful for my dollhouse collection that keeps me so busy! :)

Wow Tracy! As with most everyone else I have so much to be thankful for! But, I have a two edged sword!!!!..................I am thankful that we kept vigilance over two of our grandchildren ages 3 and 5 and of whom after some long months we have permanent custody of....

We were worried about them and what their mother (not our daughter) was subjecting them to and we were very vigilant in keeping in close contact with them taking the children whenever we could or when she would ask.

By double edged sword I meant that we got the kids, they are safe we are giving them a great support system, regular meals, NO DRUGS, clean and going to school.

But, wow you never really know what you are getting in for! It is tough going from two people whom have raised their children to acquiring two whom you love very very much fulltime. Tough being grandma and grandpa and mom and dad at the same time. Tough on the other grandchildren at birthdays, Christmas etc because you have to give the two more because of the lack of parents involvement.

Off my soapbox! Yes, most days I am so Thankful that we have them and on the days I am not thankful I remember the days that we did not know what was going on in their lives and there was lots and lots that two children should never have to endure at their tender ages! Thanks guys!

Shelly, you are the growing trend here in America. When I worked at a School in Chicago, more than 1/2 the children there were either foster children or being raised by there Grandparents.

God bless you and your husband for looking out for them! Take care Dear!

Tracy you are so right! This is the second go round with these two for us. The last time we had them for 9 months as foster caregivers! This time because it was for the exact same things that they were removed we decided enough was enough! We from the onset said that we wanted permanent custody and thankfully we received it. Now we are most definitely in control of their lives and we sleep so much better!

During the foster care training I would say that 95% of the people were grandparents who had grandchildren in the system and were doing what ever was necessary to keep them safe. They have even started groups of grandparents raising their grandchildren!

I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving with their friends and family!