11/19/05 Thankful

Minis On The Edge

Can you post twice? Well since everyone else said more than one I figured I would add to mine too. :D

I am thankful for a god who loves me! :) ( and a site I can post it on without it being deleted)

I wanted also to say thank you to all my mini friends! Without you guys I know I would not have indulged my love for minis. Thank you for being such an encouragement to my expieriments.

I know this falls under the family but I am very thankful for nice inlaws. They love me and our children and I know they think of me as there daughter. It has been a blessing to have them so close and to be apart of our family

David - how old is your son now?  Is his health good? 

I am most thankful for Jesus Christ and how much he loves me no matter what.  That is truly a blessing to be loved no matter what.

I'm also thankful for my husband, my wonderful boss, and my home.

Susanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Susanne,

He turned 18 this last year :) His illness did leave him with mental disabillities so he's running about a 6 yr old level but that's ok - he's here, he's happy and his health as improved tramendously since we moved!! He even plays some sports now in the Special Olympics (including basketball!) :D . We left behind a crime and drug filled neighborhood and an abusive ex and moved into what I can only describe as paradise even though all we had when we left was one box of clothes and a borrowed car and we werent really sure where we'd be living or what we'd do for income.

One other thing I really should have listed to be thankful for is miniatures - it seems sort of superficial compared to home and health - but it's a hobby that he and I can do together! It helps me relax (which is good for my blood pressure) and he loves helping with the minis in fact he's my artistic director - he OK's everything I make ;)

Shelly- hang in there. Being both mom and dad is one thing, being mom and dad and grandma and grandpa is another but my brother in law is in the same boat, raising not only a daughter but a grand daughter also - Your grandkids are really lucky to have caring grandparents like you!

Melissa congratulations on the restoration of your eyesight!!

-David

I am most thankful for a wonderful, caring husband. I am also thankful that I am a two year breast cancer survivor, that my health is as good as ever. I am also very grateful for finding a hobby, at long last, that is so enjoyable, challenging, and completely engrossing. Others have much better words that describe how I feel about miniatures and mostly, dollhouse building....so ditto on that.

Now that's just NOT FAIR! Way not fair! I was a good girl and stuck to one

Me Too Linda, I was beginning to think that I read the question wrong but if I did, Im in very good company.

(BTW, I'm thankful for all the other things people mentioned also)

Peggi

I would like to say that I am truly thankful for all the kind words! I don’t participate in the forums as much as I’d like to and I’m sometimes a little slow to make improvements. Please don’t ever take this as a lack of appreciation… I am grateful to be a member of this community and I thank everyone for their participation. Of course, none of this would be possible with out Tracy and I can never thank her enough (Thanks Tracy)!

I have a long list of things that I’m thankful for, but right now I am very thankful for this thread! The holiday season steps up the action around the shop and it’s easy to loose sight of what’s important. I feel incredibly grounded at the moment for that I thank you all!

Dean