Wolfie got a

Wolfie

Well I've not exactly been following doctor's orders....I've been hobbling around much of the day trying to get things done up so I can "rest." Well you know the story....what's for dinner, how come the rest of the laundry isn't done; where is this? Where is that? So I'm hobbling but I am using my cane. Doug is going down to get the railings for the basement stairs, and a second light. We built this house and he was supposed to do these things almost 10 years ago! So now it's taken 2 serious falls before he does anything.....but I will believe it when I see it. All he can say now is "you should be more careful." Well with night blindness and vision that doesn't exist for me downwards.....it's hard to be careful with your arms full of boxes and things. Oh well......live and learn. Next time I'm just throwing the boxes down there and worry about them later!

I must say the foot is a bit stiffer tonight, but not swollen. It's painful to the touch and those bruises are bright! I've also got some contusions in other places on the other leg as well, and my knee has a little tear in it. Other than that, I am in fine shape. Thank you everyone who sent PM's and little notes of sympathy and caring. It means so much to me.

Thank you all!

Wolfie

Wolfie, I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner - but I just read through the thread, and I'm glad that you're not as badly hurt as it seemed at first. Poor Wolfie with a sore paw. I was all set to throw on my little red hood and cape, and skip up to your house in the woods with a basket of goodies to cheer you up and .... oh, isn't that a little bit like ... er, perhaps you don't need a visit just now ... ah, I think I'll just wave from here. :D Ooops! Hit the wrong button - no, no, nice Wolfie, uh oh, where's that button - aha! :cheer: Hope you feel better soon!

I've just read about your unfortunate fall, glad to hear it is not broken but a sprain can hurt so much worse for so much longer. Please take care and get off that foot!

I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I hope that you will be Ok. I have fallen a lot and always twisted the same ankle. Glad to hear you are going to the doctor.

Take care and I will keep you in my Prayers.

Gina do take care of yourself and go to the dr.....I didn't know they were someone else like me....put it off till the last....but I had a bad experience with a broke foot....I waited 2 weeks to go and it didn't heal properly....so they are wanting to rebreak my foot and put in pins.....

Glad to hear it is only a sprain. When I read your first post in this thread I got very worried. My mother fell down a flight of stairs almost a year ago and ended up walking around with a broken vertabre in her neck for a couple of weeks before going to get better x-rays than her chiropracter (who yes, did work on her). Needless to say it was a long recovery. I hope you heal quickly, Gina!! Glad it wasn't worse!!

Gina, I'm so glad it isn't broken, or fractured! That at least, is good news. Sorry about the soreness, but if you will soak it in very hot water, with some epsom salts in it, for about 20 minutes every couple of hours for the first day or so, it really, really helps with that soreness and pain! Put a foot tub on the floor - put in the very hot water and epsom salts, and go to making a doll! Seriously, it really does help them to feel much better - voice of experience! Take care, and let Doug do the running up and down the stairs - you just sit there and tell him what you need him to go get!

Poor Wolfie!!! If Doug wants to put your rear paw in a sling, whap him on the nose with a newspaper and tell him "no" in a stern voice. Back paws don't go well in slings. But keeping it elevated and not putting weight on it is a good plan. I'm so glad to hear that it wasn't broken, but Peggi is right and a sprain can be more painful than a break. <propping a pillow under your paw and bringing you a cup of rose hip tea> Rose hips are good for healing muscles and bones you know and you can find them in Celestial Seasons Red Zinger.

Take care of yourself sweetie. You mean a lot to us around here.

Deb

Just bad sprain
Judging from everone's coments I've read, apparently no one seems to realixe that a sprain is a tear in the tendon that holds the muscle onto the bone and that rest and elevation are crucial to avoiding further damage to the area and possibly totally destabilizing the joint.

I also have balance issues & fall all the time; and I no longer tuck and roll like I used to could. We're far enough away from either a hospital or an emergency clinic that I hold onto the stairs wih at least one paw at all times, and I hope you will, too, from now on, Gina-wolfie. Now hobble back over to that chair, sit down, prop that foot up and drink that lovely tea eb brewed you, and get well soon. Thank goodness it wasn't a front paw,or where would all the unbaked, unpoured dolls be?

Judging from everone's coments I've read, apparently no one seems to realixe that a sprain is a tear in the tendon that holds the muscle onto the bone and that rest and elevation are crucial to avoiding further damage to the area and possibly totally destabilizing the joint.

I also have balance issues & fall all the time; and I no longer tuck and roll like I used to could. We're far enough away from either a hospital or an emergency clinic that I hold onto the stairs wih at least one paw at all times, and I hope you will, too, from now on, Gina-wolfie. Now hobble back over to that chair, sit down, prop that foot up and drink that lovely tea eb brewed you, and get well soon. Thank goodness it wasn't a front paw,or where would all the unbaked, unpoured dolls be?

Amen Holly!

Sprains are the worst. You arent hurt enough to get an air cast or boot, so you walk around on it and slow the healing process. You need to get some mini magazines, a nice hot totty (to knock you on your butt), and sit there! Just sit there. Get Doug to bring you a nice warm pan of water with some epsom salts. It probably doesnt help in healing but it feels soooo good.

I hold railings too. No more walking down the stairs with my hands full of stuff. If I dont have a free paw, I dont carry it.

Glad to hear it wasn't broken but you will need to continue to take good care of it - sprains can take a really long time to heal properly and can be very vulnerable while they are healing.

Take care and rest it alot.

Lisa R.

Well you are all so right. Yesterday I overdid I think. I didn't realize that I also hit my head as well. As last night just below my eyebrow was really tender and a dite swollen. This morning I have a shiner! Not too black, but right in that area is purplish and bluish. Doug thought I was wearing eye makeup. The foot is very sore this morning and even the pressure of my house slipper is too much. I did wear a shoe all day yesterday and it did feel better. I may try that again tody. But I will be elevating more today than yesterday!

Wolfie

Sigh, what can we do with those silly wolves who insist upon doing too much? You need to rest, have Doug bring things to you, oh don't tell me it is unheard of............Insist on it. The sprain really needs rest to heal correctly, (been there, done it wrong, also been there listened to Dr the second time) Who has to cook, you have cereal don't you, peanut butter and jelly? Well just live off simple things for now, and who cares if the house is picked up? Can't Doug do laundry? He can always turn things inside out for a few days. REST, ELEVATE, REST SOME MORE! We all insist. ((((huggs)))))))

What everyone else said--just take it easy, prop your foot up, and hang out on the forum for a day or two! I'm another clutz with balance problems (bad night vision as well as a bit of brain damage as a baby that messed up my equilibrium), so I don't do anything on stairs without having at least one hand on a banister. Speaking of banisters--tell that guy of yours to put one in as of yesterday, or that you'll build it yourself once your foot heals up! I'll volunteer to come up to Montana to help you put it up, any other takers? :)

Oh Gina, you need to listen to everyone. You sound like me, always something to take care of or do. But you really should take a couple of days off. When I carry stuff down the stairs, I often walk backward, that way if I get wobbly, I just set the stuff down on the step in front of me.

Where's the pics of all this pretty stuff? Purple is my favorite color.

so, how are you?

i'm so sorry to learn of your fall ... girl, please stay away from those rail-free stairways, OK?

REST the foot. you're already an elevated life form, so just raise that paw. you can do it!

hope you're feeling better, that the tecnicolor hues are fading, and that you're on the mend,

:wub:

ps: yes, the doc is right, this means no bungee jumping or hang-gliding for at least another week.