Wolfie got a

Wolfie

In the process of running around trying to find my fur that was frightened off of me today and sanding and trying to do laundry in the basement, cooking and making flowers all at the same time, I fell down the basement stairs (once again!) and I think my right hind paw is broken. My neighbor, a retired nurse, bound it up for me, and told me that if the pain does not go away in the morning, and if it is still swollen, to go to the hospital for x-rays and real treatment. Due to my own stubborn disposition and my very high pain threshold, I am going to wait until morning to either unbind it it and go on my way, or go to the hospital 65 miles away. I am able to hobble around with the use of Doug's cane, but this is not very elegant of a wolf. I look like Egor in young Dr. Frankenstein about now.....

Wolfie

So sorry you have owies.......BUT ya nut, go to the hopsital in the AM.....you need to have it seen to cause last I knew a wolf has no x ray vision (teehee)...seriously, go get it looked at so that if there is damage it can be set right striaght away rather than having to have it rebroken or something the like down the road causing you greater grief!!

ohmy goodness.. so sorry about your injury.. again? You fall down often?

and 65 miles to the closest hosptal, that would make me uneasy. I like knowing the hospital is only 2 miles down the road. Specially with an Elderly mom and Aunt I care for. My Uncle fell down last month and is still in the hospital , and with my aunt just having eye surgery, she's at risk of falling too. Mom lives upstairs from me, and recently I heard a "thump".. I flew like a rocket up the stairs.. and sure enough, there she was lying on the floor with blood dripping down her arm. We bandaged it up and she was fine,, a little sore, but I'm glad the hospital is close by just in case.

and by the way.. I'm not gonna get old. Nope.. can't make me!!

Now... get over to the hospital and have a Doc look at your foot!

Sheesh. >shaking head<

Michelle

Ouch! I almost hate to admit this but I fall all the time, but only once in a while on the stairs because it is the one place I am so careful. Unless it feels the same or better in a few days please go and get you paw checked. If your paw starts to feel numb or is cold rewrap the bangage, it might get tight from swelling. A little Motrin would be a good thing even if that wolf in you does not want to take it!

Oh, sweet Wolfie, NOT a good thing!! B) :) Do get it looked at! I know the 65 miles drive is not pleasant, but having an improperly healing limb can lead to MUCH more problems later on. I know too well from experience! :blink:

Take care! Now that you've got that kiln working, we need you to be making dolls!

You have heard what you have to do...So I wont mention it again.

I take alot of tumbles and spills also. I have a balance issue that they have never been able to find the cause of. Nothing worse then tumbling down the stairs. Painful on the body and the ego.

Take care dear!

I sure hope you are ok.! And I hope you made it to the Hospital.!

I feel about 3 weeks ago, I was walking from a yard sale and the driveway where it met the road had a slight hill, I stepped wrong and twisted my ankle and went straight down. It still hurts, and is a little swollen but it will mend. I have to take it easy as I seem to have weak ankles.!

Let us know how you are today !

Hugs

kellee

Terribly sorry to hear that, Wolfie! I hope the pain is not too bad.

I'm like Heidi - I take tumbles and spills too, and it isn't much fun. I have no equilibrium due to a hole in an eardrum, and it can be treacherous! You do things like stay off ladders, hang on to hand rails at any time they are available, and move from one large piece of furniture to the next! I have even fallen straight backwards, onto concrete, and they still don't know why my hard head didn't crack open!

The problem with things like your ankle/foot Wolfie, is if there is a hairline fracture in there, it could well cause serious problems later.

What has already been said is true - you know what you need to do, and rather than being sorry later, be safe now. Hope it all goes well.

I will be going down to the Physical Therapy office here in Seeley Lake. They have a very small emergency room there. This morning part of my foot is blazing purple and my claws are swollen. They open around 10AM. It's only 7:41 right now. But I will be dressed and ready to go when Doug wakes up and gets himself ready. They have a small portable x-ray there and if they recommend, we will make the trip to Missoula to the hospital. I feel so stupid. Yes, I've fallen before and actually broke my leg/ankle on the left side a few years ago. I have 9" of steel in that leg and 9 screws holding it all together. While I did that, I strained the right foot and leg by using it to push myself up the basement stairs and hauling myself with my arms at the same time by sitting on the stair. That was bad, and I've been so very careful on those !#@%!^ stairs but this happened at the bottom almost and it is my right foot that is effected this time. This morning it's very pretty .....

Wolfie

I'm so sorry! It clearly sounds badly damaged. I almost hope it's a break instead of a torn ligament or tendon...those sometimes take MUCH longer to heal than a break! At any rate, I'm so glad you're getting it looked after! take care!

Oh dear! I do hope that the close mini emergency room can help, and that a longer trip is not required. We need you on the mend, there are many many dolls that need to be made. I don't even want to consider a wolf on the mend, all that restless energy...........my my.

I hope that you got good news today. I fell on the bottom step and broke the end of a bone off. That was sore enough. I hope they can fix you up in Seeley and you don't have to make the longer trip. Please keep us informed.

Well, it seems that my problem is nothing more than a bad sprain. The swelling is gone down, and the foot is turning blue and purple. No fracture. Just bad sprain and some pain. As usual I refused those !#!%@#$% LorTabs as they put me out of commission for days! I do have a shoe on for support however. It only hurts really bad if I go up and down stairs too often...hanging on for dear life and one step at a time. He says in about a week or so it should be much better. There is no wrapping or taping as there is no swelling. He did say to keep it elevated..... Doug would love to put it in a sling and tie the ends around my neck which would keep me down a bit.... I had a few contusions on my other knee and hip....but all seems to be OK.

It only takes forepaws to make dolls! LOL

Wolfie

Well, it seems that my problem is nothing more than a bad sprain. The swelling is gone down, and the foot is turning blue and purple. No fracture. Just bad sprain and some pain. As usual I refused those !#!%@#$% LorTabs as they put me out of commission for days! I do have a shoe on for support however. It only hurts really bad if I go up and down stairs too often...hanging on for dear life and one step at a time. He says in about a week or so it should be much better. There is no wrapping or taping as there is no swelling. He did say to keep it elevated..... Doug would love to put it in a sling and tie the ends around my neck which would keep me down a bit.... I had a few contusions on my other knee and hip....but all seems to be OK.

Wolfie

Wolfie

Well, now, yer big ol' forepaws are clicking the reply button a few times too often!! :wave:

I'm glad it's "only" a sprain...but do take care, and try to keep off it as much as possible. I hope you mend uneventfully...and AVOID those stairs!! :D