My childhood dollhouse--introducing the Harrison

My childhood dollhouse--introducing the Harrison

Almost thirty years ago, my parents surprised me with a very large and beautiful English Tutor style doll house. Having had commissioned a retired cabinet maker to build the house, there was no time or money left to paint or finish the houses' exterior or its ten+ room interior before presenting it to me at Christmas. Although we would collect furnishings for it and purchase many miniatures and tiny embellishments over the years of my childhood, the house was to remain "as is" and unfinished until July of 2007 when my best friend and I decided to take on this grand endeavor and were introduced and lost forever into a love for the beautiful art of doll housing. This is my doll house and our creation--presented to me as a gift of love from my family and completed within the confines of friendship between myself and my dearest friend. As my own children watched with large eyes of wonder and excitement; and as our husbands offered us gentle words of encouragement and support while we crafted and toiled away. . . and eventually became obsessed-- we bring you The Harrison.

• Album created by sommerstern7
  • Updated
  • 30 images
  • 7 image comments

0 Album Comments

There are no comments to display.