Newest Purchases (in kit form)

Newest Purchases (in kit form)

I'm so happy that, from the same wonderful seller, I bought not only my much sighed-over 'stuff of dreams' kit, The Malibu Beach House, but also The Montgomery; Le Chateau; and the Lake View Garden Room.

All four houses, one basement and one garden room cost a total of £158.00 ($269.93). A lot of money to me - and worth every penny.

And...

I bought another serious bargain three months ago with a vague notion of re-selling. Now I will most probably keep it.

It is THE PRIORY by Doll's House Direct, UK. Cost, in kit form, £320.00. Cost to me, private sale, £50.00. The seller lives in a lovely house by the river Thames in London and had been badly flooded. She literally had to move everything upstairs and had no room for this large house. She'd advertised it weeks before, she said, for £150. No offers. So she re-advertised it for £50 to 'get rid of it' and free-up storage space.
Poor lady and husband. They seem quite well-off - but flood damage is horrible and takes up to a year to dry-out. I hope they get their home sorted-out very soon.

The Priory is three feet wide, about four and a half feet tall, has tons of rooms, and came partially assembled (the shell). The basement is included, as are a ton of extra trimmings, etc (all of which had to be purchased separately). Delivery cost plus insurance was £12.90.

Total cost £62.90 for an amazing Victorian house. Not sure how much that is in dollars but I feel very lucky indeed to have secured such a bargain.

• Album created by elfprincess
  • Updated
  • 9 images
  • 13 image comments

0 Album Comments

There are no comments to display.