Barbie Dolls

Barbie Dolls

For some reason people keep giving me trashed Barbie dolls and other types of dolls they run across while dumpster diving or randomly finding them.

They are always dirty, naked and with horribly abused hair.   I'm not into dolls at all....but I do love restoring beat up things so I've added this to my list of hobbies.   I have about 50 dolls so far, so I'm just getting started.....

• Album created by Lips
  • Updated
  • 10 images
  • 5 album comments
  • 3 image comments

5 Album Comments

Barbie dolls may not be dollhouse miniatures but I did such a good job restoring them.....recreating them.....I was hoping somebody in here might appreciate the work I did.   No worries though,  just like all my albums that no one sees, I would honestly be so surprised if somebody stumbled upon my gallery.....if anyone ever does  I hope you enjoy my albums!  :o)

• Like 3

You are an artist! Your canvas is just 3D instead of flat. Just like with aging, I think redoing a doll face and hair is a tslent some people have and others dont. I don't so I appreciate yours all the more!

You can always give a Barbie an 80s perm by using chenille sticks to roll up the hair tightly like a curler and then dipping the hair in boiling water for a minute. You then blot the excess water and let the hair dry overnight. Some doll hair do not react very well to this though but usually the hair stays nice and soft. I’ve managed to make one Barbie have a perfectly rounded Afro this way. You can also braid the hair into sections and do the same thing for crimped hair.

Thank you for your comment…..never was a doll collector  but I suppose  I must be.  All the dolls I have …over 50 I think, we’re hand picked out of several garbage cans and dumpsters delivered to me by a local homeless guy  I’ve known for years….first thing I learned was different types of doll hair restoration…I cleaned up and tried to make the dolls nice looking only because my friend gave them to me..so he could see I appreciated his thoughtfulness….

• Like 2

I know this is an old post, but I have been checking out your posts for an hour. The 3D printer, the telescope, the retro 50’s kitchen (red seats and such), your work is super creative and I’m here for it! I got a massive dollhouse vintage dollhouse for Christmas that needs a lot of love, but I have a tough time with commitment so I’ve been making tiny stuff. Time to get to the get to the nitty gritty (wall paper, flooring, permanent fixtures), and your choices and execution are flawless. I need to make an account, I just found this site today. Lit a fire under my a**, and your work inspired a million ideas at once when I have been drawing a blank for about a week. Good stuff, keep it coming! Btw, your profile pick…my house may have a couple packs of Marlboros hidden in a sock drawer ; ) 

-Emily B