Starting a new project. 1" scale Diana from Greenleaf. This is the first time I've worked with laser cuts. Well worth the extra cost. I wish Greenleaf would make a laser cut Beacon Hill - I'd be all over that!
This one will be a "stone' lake house cottage. Three slightly different colors of egg cartons were used with a dry brush of color over the paper. Base of house painted a dark grey/green to simulate grout between stones. The whole thing was finished with 2 coats of matte Mod Podge.
HBS Creatin' Contest 2019
Rural Free Delivery has come to the village of Ivy Hollow! Mr. McCants and his trusty equine companion Jebediah will make sure your mail arrives at your home safely and in a timely manner. Register your address at the local post office today!
RFD - Rural Free Delivery - transformed the landscape of rural towns by removing the arduous chore of traveling long miles to the post office as well as providing greater access to goods and services. Mail order increased purchasing options for individuals and fueled business. Mail carriers were responsible for providing their own wagons and horses, having to traverse poor roads in all types of weather. RFD eventually led to the Rural Post Roads Act, which further developed rural communities by improving roads.
I set my post office in 1917, a number of years after the advent of RFD. The mail wagon passenger cabin was scratch built and fitted over a doctor's buggy kit chassis. Jebediah the horse started as a plastic Breyer model.
Over the holidays I finally started working on a half scale Gingerbread House using the Buttercup as a base. I know I’ll continue to add to this house (are they ever really finished?) but I thought I’d post some photos before I put it away until next year.
I made many of the toys for this project and used many of the ones I got from last years's half scale Yahoo group swap.
So I've had this little red and white mouse for a couple years, and I thought he was cute. Then yesterday I bought the mouse with the glasses on clearance. They were both ornaments, but I think they are too cute to spend 11 months packed away in the basement, so I'm thinking of making a little house for them.
Re-build of partially constructed Pierce. First dollhouse since 1982! Dollhouse partially assembled with glue gun and wood putty. Porch floor was scored for floor board look and painted grey. Musty, dusty house that had been stored in a basement. At least it is dry!
it's been just over a year since I finished the exterior of this little home....life has taken its twists and turns and I've only recently started the interior decorating....I started with the kitchen, here's a few photos to share progress.