Members' Gallery

Welcome to Members' Gallery

Please enjoy a collection of albums created by our members. 

Albums

1. Cloudbound

VF-800 ... finished - YEE HAW
       This is the Victorian Mansion (also might possibly be called Victorian Farmhouse) that I purchased from a craigslist ad a few months back.  It had been stored in a shed or garage for a very long time and was suffering from a moldy/mildew smell.  I removed all of the wallpaper (hoping to rid it of the stink) and swabbed down every exposed area with a dilute solution of bleach and water.  I'm happy to say that the smell is completely gone now.  I was surprised to find real wood walls under the wallpaper and since I wanted a 'Lodge' feel to this dollhouse I decided to leave as much wood for the walls as possible.  The moveable room dividers however were NOT wood so I had to wallpaper all of those.  The roof over the hexagonal rooms was broken when I got the dollhouse and since the pieces of it were all super-thick MDF (which weighed a TON) I chucked those and built a new flat-topped roof (which weighs next to nothing).  I spent a lot of time crafting a skylight with a stained glass picture in that roof, making it so I had a hidden area above the skylight that I planned to put some lights in so it would look like sun coming in the skylight. I went upstairs and downstairs, fitting and re-fitting I don't know how many times until I got the fit just right.  So I decide to leave the roof in place while I got down off the chair to check how it looked from inside....  You can't even SEE the skylight if you crane your neck.  Dang it.  So I stopped at that point and didn't even bother to add the hidden lights in the roof.  I wonder how much time I wasted on THAT?
      I learned (the hard way) that chandeliers should NOT hang down into the room too far.  I keep knocking the fixtures loose when I reach in to place furniture.  I've made a few replacement fixtures but I'm going to leave the ones that're there in place for now. 
      The burl wood tables (coffee, end and dining room) are all made from 'slices' of burl purchased from different sellers on Etsy.  The two driftwood floor lamps are made from one 50-cent piece of driftwood from my local thrift shop.  The deer antlers on two of the chandeliers are made using wire and Sculpey clay, as are the 'long horns' above the fireplace.  The rug in front of the fireplace is just cut from a $1 scrap of suede from the fabric store.  The couch and chairs are mostly made from 'House of Miniature' kits that I just used different fabrics for.  The bar stools in the top floor 'Man Cave' are made from slices of driftwood purchased at Hobby Lobby.  The deer head and long-horned sheep head 'mounts' are actually cake toppers purchased on eBay.  The moose head mount is from a small moose purchased at our Farm Supply store that I cut the head off. 
      This is one huge dollhouse.  It was fun to have the room to make lots of things and experiment.  Now where to PUT it? 

• 0 images
  2. cloudbound

This is a 1:48-scale steampunk house on wheels, modeled after an actual house, the Neverwas Haul, that has traveled the world.  Two of us made our own versions of it in miniature.  The real Neverwas Haul was built in the artist colony that used to exist near Berkeley, California.  This is my take on it.  It is made from scratch.  SO much fun too.
    • 0 images
  3. ET

Little House on the Prairie and family
    • Album created by ET
    • 0 images
    • 0 images
  4. elsie

being creative using the orchid dollhouse kit
    • 0 images
  5. Dollhouse #5

• Album created by Ken
    • 0 images
    • 0 images
  6. Dollhouse

• 0 images
  7. DarrylG

• Album created by DarrylG
    • 0 images
    • 0 images
  8. DarrylG

My dad started the Bellingham Farmhouse in 2001, he passed in 2004. It sat unfinished until November 2017. I finished it for him, and added my own touch.
    • Album created by DarrylG
    • 0 images
    • 0 images
  9. ecowdell

My Victorian
    • 0 images
  10. Dollhouse Instructions

• Album created by mesp2k
    • 0 images
    • 0 images
  11. Edible miniatures and dolls

small dolls and miniatures made from gingerbread and painted with SK edible paint and "Rainbow Dust" edible paint.
    Completely edible, certificated suitability data - 24 months in sealed packaging and 12 without))
    • 0 images
  12. Ellen Bradley

Hill Country House  -This house is "almost" complete.

• 0 images
  13. Cleanin' House

Too much stuff! Rather than fill one big dollhouse (for which I have no display room), I decided to create a separate room for each month of the year. No more worries about décor clashing from room to room!

• 0 images
  14. Empty

None
    • 0 images
  15. Evelyn

My first dollhouse
    • Album created by evelynp
    • 0 images
    • 0 images
  16. Dura Craft Columbian

B uilding this lovely house from an old kit for my daughter-in-law.

• 0 images
  17. Cloudbound

Bellingham becomes a hunting/fishing lodge.  I purchased a Bellingham that was already built but with no paint/wallpaper/electricity..  I had a hunting/fishing lodge in mind when I purchased it ($75 - craigslist).  Yes, the ceilings are low (8 inches) and so I removed a portion of the second story floor to open up some living area below.  Built some piers along the front (surrounding the bottom portion of the existing porch posts).  I removed the existing small fireplace and made a bigger one, moving it over to center it under the opened-up area.  I really wanted to keep it 'woodsy' but hiding all the electrical lines (copper tape) meant I had to paint or wallpaper.  I've still got a little of that left to do.  I wish the top floor didn't have the roof line dipping down in front and I see others found a way to lift that dipping portion up.  Wish I'd checked that before I just finished fixing all the broken and missing shingles. 
      I love the little red kitchen cabinet set because it is just like what was in our first home (metal cabinetry from Sears). 
      This is such a well-built house.  My first (and only other) dollhouse is the Arrow 'Royal Dream', which I built from the kit.  It isn't nearly as sturdy as this one. 
      There're still a few things like the upstairs wallpapering and trims.  But this has been so much fun to work on!

• 0 images
  18. Dollhouse

My sister-in-laws great aunt built this house and it's been sitting in an attic for awhile. My sister in law knew I was into miniatures and asked me if I wanted it and of course I said, yes!
    • 0 images
  19. Dinner with Rik Pierce and class

• 0 images
  20. Coventry Cottage

I bought this house for my daughter about 4 years ago when she fell in love with my Beacon Hill and expressed interest in building a dollhouse of her own. She has since become a teenager and lost interest, so I have decided to finish it for her in hopes of rekindling her interest.
    • 0 images
  21. Doll clothes

One of my other hobbies
    • 0 images
  22. Dura-Craft Heritage Dollhouse

• 0 images
  23. clean closet

Finally sorted miniature accessories
    • Album created by THmini2
    • 0 images
    • 0 images
  24. Evergreen House

Most amazing dhouse in my collection thus far!
    • Album created by Guest
    • 0 images
    • 0 images
  25. Dura-Craft 505 Farmhouse

First build
    • Album created by Rawr
    • 0 images
    • 0 images
  • Gallery Statistics

Images
    Comments
    Albums