English Country Miniature House - Mar 1981 Decorating & Craft Ideas magazine

otterine

This is the English Country Miniature House. This was a featured build in Decorating & Craft Ideas magazine, spreading out over three 1981 issues in January/February, March and April. The house was designed by Jack E. Cavender, A.I.A., of Doll Domiciles, as noted in the magazine.

I ran across this build in the album of Greenleaf member Debra from Olde Cape Cod. You can find these magazine issues on amazon and eBay, but you were to send away for the plans. They are not included in the magazine. :\ Luckily, Debra had them and decided she would most likely never get around to building the house, so the plans are now in my collection. She also sent me the April 1981 magazine that shows the completed, furnished house. I picked up the other two magazines on eBay to complete the set. It's easier to store dollhouse plans than actual kits. :D

The March 1981 issue shows the landscaping details. The base is almost 60" wide if you include the shed and side garden.

• Like 3

From the album:

Vintage Dollhouse Kits and Plans

· 18 images
  • 18 images
  • 0 comments
  • 27 image comments

Recommended Comments

Dear heart, are you planning to move to a larger home any time soon? Your condo will hold only so many cubic feet of dollhouses unless you start down scaling right quick.

eh... who needs furniture.... a nice size bean bag will act as a combo chair/bed.... and then you can get rid of everything else ;)