Egg carton bricks

Never2manyShoes

My first attempt. I glued them on freehand without guidelines so they are a little wonky. Lesson learned. Think I may use sandless tile grout for the mortar. I'd love to use this technique to brick the exterior of a Lily but it will take forever to make enough bricks.

• Like 3

From the album:

My first house - Westville construction

· 30 images
  • 30 images
  • 0 comments
  • 66 image comments

Recommended Comments

bricks are supposed to be wonky.

(used that word to my heart Dr. and he looked at me like I was nuts.....my legs sometimes feel wonky LOL)

• Like 1

L Swearengin, Your doc didn't understand because it's a technical term :lol: I like your wonky brick! They will look better to you after you grout them.

Wonky? They look great! I've grouted a couple of things, and I'm a first timer. I used regular spackling compound on both my mat board based tiles, master bath floor and slate tiled porch, and I used lightweight hydrocal, a Woodland Scenics product, to grout the real clay terra cotta tiles in my conservatory. They both look the same, but I got better results when I had brushed one coat of Modge Podge only on the surface I wanted free of grout and let it dry before applying the grout. Regular spackling compound is much cheaper, and you don't have to mix it.

• Like 1