© Emily Morganti 2014

Mary Engelbreit Themed Arthur - upstairs side window

fov

That lady head creeps me out a little! But, she's an iconic Mary Engelbreit character. The little boy's arms stick out and I'm worried about them getting damaged. I'm thinking about attaching shutters partially open, with his arms attached, so it looks like he's opening them from the inside. I won't be able to make shutters that look exactly like the ones on the front of the house (my painting skills leave something to be desired!), but there's a lot going on with this house so I think I can get away with them being not quite the same.

Copyright

© Emily Morganti 2014
  • Like 2

From the album:

Mary Engelbreit Themed Arthur

· 11 images
  • 11 images
  • 1 comment
  • 32 image comments

Recommended Comments

I don't know anything about Mary Engelbreit, but the house is cute, and the lady's head just looks like a statue-like emblem.

The lady's head sorta creeps me out too (I know I am late to this comment party, but I'm just gonna do it anyway) - but I like the idea of a plaster relief on a house...I just want something more classical I think. Or maybe something bird-ish. Or folksy like Alice and Martin Provensen art.

http://www.laurelleaffarm.com/item-pages/collectibles/50s-Universal-statuary-chalkware-wall-art-plaques-antiqued-plaster-cameo-ovals-birds-flowers-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-s4167.htm

But seriously - WOW - this is a fun little house! Thank you for sharing the photos!