Aging the Copper Roofing

dkumpula

I'm not too keen on the way my aging of the copper turned out. I think it came out too blotchy for my tastes. I'm considering giving it a few more coats of my aging mix (consisting of lemon juice, salt, and white vinegar) to make it more green.

• Like 1

From the album:

My First Build: The Beacon Hill

· 120 images
  • 120 images
  • 0 comments
  • 109 image comments

Recommended Comments

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Did you prep it? Or do you just wipe it and let it sit? I was thinking of trying to patina before I put it on. I'm so glad you did this! I've been staring at my tops, trying to settle on their future. You just help make my decision!

Hey Kari! No I didn't prep it, but I wish I had ensured I removed all traces of glue from the copper before treating it. I wasn't aware of it, but a tiny bit of film from the white glue used to adhere the copper still remained near the top and bottom edges. As you may be able to tell from the photos, this kept these areas from taking the treatment as well as the rest of the copper. That said, the look has grown on me and I'm not planning on changing it. Besides, there's still the interiors to work on, so rework on the outside is low priority. :)