1/2 Scale First Lady - Dry Fit

kellyannmo

I took a break from my Creatin' Contest house to dry fit my First Lady, I've been itching to do this.... and OH MY it's a MONSTER! Where in the heck am I gonna put this one ('cause my plans at the moment is to keep this one) .... YIKES!

I am going to do this one Gothic... and I am going to leave one panel of the tower roof off so you can access the tower. The room dividers are just sitting in place at the moment... I haven't decided what I am going to do with the rooms yet (and they are holding the floor in place at the moment too, since this house has to be glued and nailed in place).....

The kitchen I think will be in the extension on the left (it makes sense I think)... the living room will probably be the large room on the right (before the tower) ... LOL... there are more rooms than I can think of what to do with at the moment.... this thing is a beast.... can't imagine what the full size one looked like....

• Like 3

From the album:

1/2 Scale Ravenwood Hall a First Lady by RGT

· 21 images
  • 21 images
  • 0 comments
  • 71 image comments

Recommended Comments

Woo! Nice!

If I were doing this as a modern house, I think I'd make the extension into a garage (either replacing the windows with a garage door or putting it on the blank wall). I always wanted a house with a garage and that seems like a perfect opportunity. But... probably doesn't make sense for Gothic. ;)

• Like 1

It would make a PERFECT garage....

There is a part of me thinking about keeping it off the house all together... since it's so big and I really have no idea where I will put it.... but then I remember this house is more on the rare side, and I suppose it should all stay together... plus I keep thinking it will make the perfect kitchen, with servants quarters above :)

TOTALLY AWESOME! :D I saw this and just smiled! Is the ceiling height of the room over the garage high enough for the servants quarters?

• Like 1

It might be a bit tight... I did put my single Tudor bed in there and it fit... I may have to mess with it a bit more before I decide for sure.... I could always lift the ceiling a little too... it would be pretty simple with this build.

Over that kitchen area would be a super place to dry herbs, hang the meat, string the veggies up and have baskets and bags of flour and of potatoes, etc. A larder, of sorts.

I think a cool little secret passageway could be created between the third floor tower room and the triangular room next to it in the V of the roof.

If you then moved the straight wall over to the left a bit to create your 2 regular rooms, that triangular area could be a completely secret-ed off area.

Maybe they keep the crazy family member locked in there or all the gold or liquor or the ghosts. I have a vivid imagination.

• Like 2

Omg Kelly! I have the exact same kitchen table. We refinished it to remove the paint from the edge and base and left it natural oak. I actually love to work at my kitchen table too :D

• Like 1

that is soooo funny Debora.... I bought this table at a yard sale years ago now... I paid a whole whooping $2.00 for it.... I took it home, sanded about 6 layers of paint off it.... and left it just stained for years (there is a checker board hand painted on the surface you can't see at the moment. When I moved into the house I am in now I repainted the legs and edges... but now it is a total mess from working on it.... stained, scratched... etc.... but it still makes a good work table :)

• Like 1

Wow, is that cute! This makes me want to try half scale! I like the suggestion of a secret passage to the tower room from the triangle room. I love the wallpapers you've chosen for gothic. What a treasure.