The Root Cellar

JenniferKennedy

The largest room will likely be for canned food storage, maybe a wood stove, ya know? So what is your opinion of the "stone"? I have reservations, but it is what it is at this point. Just need an outsiders point of view...

• Like 4

From the album:

My First Dollhouse - Beacon Hill

· 83 images
  • 83 images
  • 0 comments
  • 423 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I think it looks good -  If you want it more 'basement' looking I would probably use a wash on it - thin down paint and sponge it on - umbra usually is a good color for it. I would try to make the floors a bit darker than the walls because they are used more and get dirty - and maybe the corners and ceiling edges - just because it is a basement..... but that's all I would do and only if you don't want it that clean looking. 

• Like 2
I think it looks good -  If you want it more 'basement' looking I would probably use a wash on it - thin down paint and sponge it on - umbra usually is a good color for it. I would try to make the floors a bit darker than the walls because they are used more and get dirty - and maybe the corners and ceiling edges - just because it is a basement..... but that's all I would do and only if you don't want it that clean looking.
Thats just what its missing!! Would give it more depth as well! Thank you! xox

Of course you know what Id say...Its beautiful. Love it and cant wait to see this entire house finished. Its been a joy watching you create interesting items. You have given me too too many great ideas for my Beacon Hill. Never dreamed of putting on more rooms under the house!!! Love the entire project

• Like 1
Of course you know what Id say...Its beautiful. Love it and cant wait to see this entire house finished. Its been a joy watching you create interesting items. You have given me too too many great ideas for my Beacon Hill. Never dreamed of putting on more rooms under the house!!! Love the entire project
Claire, send me a message anytime you need help with something... Everything Ive done, I had to do at least twice, so ive got a lot of it figured out. You are too sweet with your comments!