Punch needle rug

JenniferKennedy

Made this today, punchneedle. I used a stencil, watered down white paint for the pattern. It's supposed to be a bath mat (it "matches" the wallpaper) but I'm worried it might be too fancy for the bathroom....

• Like 6

From the album:

My First Dollhouse - Beacon Hill

· 83 images
  • 83 images
  • 0 comments
  • 423 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Don't sell yourself short here. I've done it, but have a hard time getting my loops even. You did great work on this! And I don't think it's too fancy for the bathroom! It coordinates with the feel of the rest of your house.

• Like 1
This is great! Don't worry about the fancy part, every lady needs a little fancy in her life.
Debra, Im changing the entire bathroom to match this "fancy" rug, its going to be oh so fancy!! I cant wait to post pics! (it will be a few days or so :( )
  • Like 2
SEE?!! I knew you'd come up with the perfect solution for your overly-fancy fears! :D
Girl, I think Ive knocked this one out of the ball park! I have surprised myself... just waiting on a few more supplys to arrive (the shop i ordered from got snowed in :( ) Im so excited for you to see!
  • Like 2

Thank you.  I purchased this little punch needle kit 15yrs or so at a small cross stitch store.  Maybe you can use the information on the label to search?  Good Luck!

101C169A-BCD6-4130-AE11-8AECCA31C336.jpeg

Thank you so much! I was able to find one on Ebay. I have a punch needle but it looks like it was cheaply made in the 60's or 70's and it was in craft supplies I was gifted after an older family member passed away. I made one project with it (the poodle for a doll poodle skirt) and it worked, but even the needle had some tiny burs on it making it rougher than it should have been. So I'm really excited about this kit. :D

• Like 1

Wonderful!  Use the smallest needle!  & I used one strand of embroidery thread.   The kit comes with tiny plastic tubes that you can cut and slide over the needle to “size” the loop.  Wonderful little treasure to have!  I actually researched the kit after I shared  the photo and was amazed at how expensive it was.  I am certain I paid no more than $40 15 years ago.  It will last forever!  

5 minutes ago, Sister Kyoya said:

Thank you so much! I was able to find one on Ebay. I have a punch needle but it looks like it was cheaply made in the 60's or 70's and it was in craft supplies I was gifted after an older family member passed away. I made one project with it (the poodle for a doll poodle skirt) and it worked, but even the needle had some tiny burs on it making it rougher than it should have been. So I'm really excited about this kit. :D

Can you post the link to the one you bought. I am getting ready to look for one too.