Dolls front view - who should be Baba Yaga - green or black ?

Selkie

The middle doll in blue, is Vasilisa the beautiful (or the brave depending on the version of the story). She will have to have a pocket added to her apron and her magic doll to go in the pocket.

My dilemma is which of the other two dolls to turn into Baba Yaga. I'll need to dirty her up, frazzle her hair, mess up her face (esp. her nose) and make her look a bit scary. She isn't exactly a witch so I don't want that look. She is an old wise woman or crone that can dispense great wisdom and gifts, be generous or be wicked and evil.

Copyright

© Selkie

From the album:

Baba Yaga - Storybook Playhouse Kit

· 43 images
  • 43 images
  • 0 comments
  • 58 image comments

Photo Information

• Focal Length 33 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/30
  • f Aperture f/4.5

Recommended Comments

I agree with black. Wise old women always wore black. They were in mourning for those who passed, for they outlived them all.

I like the black dressed doll the best for your story too. And the fact that she is testy - seals the deal I'm sure.    I grew up on fairy tales but never heard of the Baba Yaga ones.  Your house is very whimsical.  Clever ideas - I look forward to seeing everything together.