DHHallway4

Creamcheese

Looking through the removable bay opening towards the French doors in the hallway. You can see some of the wallpaper in the master bedroom since I had the door open. I love how the lace in the French doors lets in sunlight. I am extending the porch so that I can open the doors fully and perhaps have a chair on the porch. Still working on the extension and the porch railings and then may brick the porch flooring. I am doing a porch extension for the 2nd floor spare bedroom too to make the porch larger. More photos to come as I finish things......

• Like 1

From the album:

Susan's Garfield Victorian Dollhouse

· 370 images
  • 370 images
  • 0 comments
  • 462 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SONY DSC-T100
  • Focal Length 5.8 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/4
  • f Aperture f/3.5
  • ISO Speed 800

Recommended Comments

You even have wallpapered ceiling!  Very nice.  I am kinda glad I don't have to be the one to do curtains.  But this looks so good.

I did a lot of research on Victorian decorating and many of them were quite ingenious and lavish in their decorating.   Even their ceilings were decorative with all sorts of wallpaper, wood moulding and trompe l'oeil painting.   I did all of my ceilings before any of the walls were up so it took a lot of planning to figure out what part of the ceiling was over which room.  I was dreaming and thinking a lot of what I wanted to do. The only way I could do the ceilings was to finish them when they laid flat.   It was quite a project but worth the extra time spent to accomplish it.   If you ever get a chance to look at my gallery pictures you can see how I went about this.    I did the same for all the curtains and used tiny eye hooks to hold the wooden rods.  All made when the walls were not glued!   In the French doors I used even smaller eye hooks and toothpicks to hold the curtains.   Luckily I had some sewing experience and lots and lots of fabric remnants, trim and ribbon but all of the curtains I did by hand.   The Garfield has a lot of windows as you know and I changed all of mine to working ones.   Can you guess that this will be my only dollhouse?   It's really a big art project for me.   Your friend will have fun making the curtains and decorating as you are providing her with a wonderful base!    Thanks for your comments, Greg.   I really appreciate it when you write.