Fridge

futurelibrarian

I made the fridge, again out of polymer clay. I'm not entirely happy with it for various reasons - I had a lot of trouble with the door - but I think I can improve it with a little repair work. I'm thinking I will probably fill up the fridge and then glue the door into a partially open position so that the contents are visible, since I haven't yet been able to figure out the art of hinges.

From the album:

The ARC by 3Star Studio Arts

· 36 images
  • 36 images
  • 0 comments
  • 43 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPad Air
  • Focal Length 3.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/24
  • f Aperture f/2.4
  • ISO Speed 320

Recommended Comments

I would think a wire would eventually snap. How about little strips of leather? I have a cabinet with its hinges made of little pieces of leather tacked on both ends to attach it to the cabinet. It can swing open endlessly with no wear. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty simple to make.

Well, I tried using thin cord, but the holes I made in the fridge to pull the cord through were too close to the top edge (and the clay was a little too thin) so one of the holes broke.  I can't quite figure out how to fix that, unless I was to fix the clay and then rebake it.