dollhouse light Fan

Shareb

Floor light made from wooden fan pieces.

• Like 2

From the album:

My Pierce

· 125 images
  • 125 images
  • 0 comments
  • 146 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP. SZ-16,DZ-105
  • Focal Length 4.5 mm
  • Exposure Time 10/400
  • f Aperture f/3.0
  • ISO Speed 3200

Recommended Comments

That is just gorgeous! I have some fans like that I got at a $1.00 Tree store long ago. I try to gather ideas on how to use them. This is really cool! I hope to get around to trying it some time :)  I came across your gallery and the rest is history. I have to see all the photos LOL..very good job you are doing! The Pierce is  a lot like my Garfield house I did. or am doing I mean. are they ever done? 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mininecessities said:

That is just gorgeous! I have some fans like that I got at a $1.00 Tree store long ago. I try to gather ideas on how to use them. This is really cool! I hope to get around to trying it some time :)  I came across your gallery and the rest is history. I have to see all the photos LOL..very good job you are doing! The Pierce is  a lot like my Garfield house I did. or am doing I mean. are they ever done? 

Thanks Cheryl!!  That means a lot!  I sort of gave up on the Pierce as I ended up trying to stucco the outside and as you say - the rest is history.  At some point I'm going to have to sand it all off and try again.  Plus it's been so many years since I started this - all full of confidence and bravado - and now I can see so much wrong with so much of what I did!  It's always the way though - as you learn and get better you look back on previous work and think how you would do it differently now.  I will finish the Pierce - I really will!  Lol - one day.  There is still a huge amount of it that I love.  I'll have to go check out your Garfield now! :D 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Shareb said:

Thanks Cheryl!!  That means a lot!  I sort of gave up on the Pierce as I ended up trying to stucco the outside and as you say - the rest is history.  At some point I'm going to have to sand it all off and try again.  Plus it's been so many years since I started this - all full of confidence and bravado - and now I can see so much wrong with so much of what I did!  It's always the way though - as you learn and get better you look back on previous work and think how you would do it differently now.  I will finish the Pierce - I really will!  Lol - one day.  There is still a huge amount of it that I love.  I'll have to go check out your Garfield now! :D 

If it were me I think I would just go over it with some dry wall mud, a light coat to freshen it then paint it. I Stucco'ed my Garfield. I couldn't really afford the siding strips at the time, there is always so much to buy.  I used Dry Wall Mud......they call it in construction. You can also get a wallpaper that has a raise on it that looks just like real stucco's spackled ceilings and I used that on the ceilings. It lasts a long time. I have tons left for more houses. I wish I had the patience to make the decorative ceilings, but maybe someday.   I do know what you mean about looking back on old work and not being happy with it. The same goes with a lot of craft things we use to do, that seem silly or ucky now LOL. Although I try to appreciate them for what they are. 

I am going to try Holly's idea of using card stock for siding on a house. I also want to make a simple house out of foam core board. There is a lady that makes houses out of it and they look so cool. That stuff is pretty strong if you have good supporting walls.  I am rattling! I look forward to seeing your photos! Have fun! 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, mininecessities said:

I do know what you mean about looking back on old work and not being happy with it. The same goes with a lot of craft things we use to do, that seem silly or ucky now LOL. Although I try to appreciate them for what they are. 

I am going to try Holly's idea of using card stock for siding on a house. I also want to make a simple house out of foam core board. There is a lady that makes houses out of it and they look so cool. That stuff is pretty strong if you have good supporting walls.  I am rattling! I look forward to seeing your photos! Have fun! 

I'm making my rabbit burrow from scratch - to be honest I'm not sure how keen I am to do more kits.  I'm enjoying the freedom of scratch building!!!

• Like 1

Rebecca, I feel the same about kits at times, I am so anxious to make something of my own, simple and roomy out of foam core board. This lady has made most of her houses out of foam core board and it is such an awesome idea. It is really strong if you have the stud walls to support often. I have made a shelf out of it. And it is strong. It has a lot of little cubbies for stamping supplies.  Here is the link to her houses! Enjoy!

http://www.inpayne.com/dollhouse/dollhousefrontpage.html

• Like 1