Painted buffet

WyckedWood

I chalk painted the buffet using a homemade recipe. Love the color it's Ralph Lauren's Paisley Green. Antiqued with valspar dark wax. I still have the matching table and a few chairs to paint ( white) before making final decisions about the floor. The top of this buffet will fit three of the smaller GL cottages on top, plus having the storage inside is nice.

Walls are finished, whoop!!

• Like 1

From the album:

Studio Remodel

· 46 images
  • 46 images
  • 0 comments
  • 188 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Can't wait to see the final results. Looks great. You are one fast refinisher!! I'd be a month of Sundays.

I LOVE this! It is beautiful. Did you have to sand off the original finish (may be a dumb question)?

No I didn't have to sand and that isn't a dumb question! Thank you! If interested look up videos on YouTube from Annie Sloan. There are several that she has produced that explain chalk paint and what it can do. It's wonderful! Her brand of paint is hard to find but Home Depot and lowes are now both selling their own brands of chalk paint and there are recipes online for homemade diy. Thanks Brae!

• Like 1

Yep! HUGE improvement! I love the idea - I have a breakfront buffet circa 1930 that has such an ugly finish but such a neat shape. I may just have my way with it after seeing how wonderful this turned out! I already have a couple neat chalk paint colors and some wax. I just needed the motivation and you gave it to me! :drool: