• 116 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SGH-I317M
  • Focal Length 3.7 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/17
  • f Aperture f/2.6
  • ISO Speed 640

Recommended Comments

I took on this project thinking that it might take a month or two.  It has been 9 months so far and there have been days when I worked on it for 16 hours. I will be relieved when it is done and I can start making furniture again!

Yes, your porch is very beautiful and was worth all of your time and effort.  I know from my own experience on my Garfield that the porch area takes a lot of planning, patience and time.   It's gorgeous and a very important architectural part of the Garfield.

Thanks Creamcheese.  The porch is often the feature that gets looked at the most on most houses.  And with this many parts, it had to have clean lines with all the areas "finished".  It certainly has taken a lot of care to make everything come together.  I think if I were going to build for myself I would replace the millwork with turned posts and proper railings - it would be a lot less work than trying to sand and prep the edges of the wood that Greenleaf uses.  However, I wanted to keep to the original kit parts as much as possible so the scale of everything matched - window trim, etc.