Removable back wall - channels glued in place

otterine

After some further thinking, I realized I wanted my break in the wall to match up with the interior horizontal beams...so I would need to make my sliding wall taller and my anchored top shorter. I would also need to split the vertical channel on the moving side. The top portion would anchor my top wall; the bottom portion would move freely.

I covered the back of the vertical channels with siding strips cut to fit. I stained all the pieces to match the siding to prevent any bare wood from showing once finished. I glued the stationary side pieces and lower channel in place with the removable board inserted to keep things square. I padded the top stationary wall on the outside make a smooth surface across. Trim will cover this portion later.

From the album:

Milo Valley Farm

· 158 images
  • 158 images
  • 0 comments
  • 354 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

You always find the tiniest of details that are needed to make something read "real life". Congrats again. This needed very complex planning to get the realism.