Furniture Kit

Goshengirl

On my 13th birthday in 1986 I was given a Victorian bedroom furniture kit by Realife Miniatures, and I put the bed and dresser together as best as I could do at the time, which wasn't all that great. When I started making plans to renovate my dollhouse I wished that I could put the same kit together because I loved the pieces, but they were in pretty sad shape. The kits are no longer produced, but thanks to ebay I was able to find the exact same kit! The stain and glue were completely dried out after thirty years, but everything else was there.

• Like 1

From the album:

Childhood Tennyson

· 79 images
  • 79 images
  • 0 comments
  • 76 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SCH-I535
  • Focal Length 3.7 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/30
  • f Aperture f/2.6
  • ISO Speed 64

Recommended Comments

Love this story - and I fell in love with this kit and have made it myself.  You did a beautiful job!   I'm impressed that you could do it at all at 13 - these Realife kits can be challenging.

Thank you, and this kit is not easy! I'm working on the dresser now and it's more challenging than the bed...I actually can't believe that I put it together without help when I was 13.

I have this same bedroom set.  I split it between 2 dollhouse bedrooms.  Since I bought it second hand I had no idea that is was from a kit.  Thanks for the info.