1/2 Scale Petite Properties: Hobgoblin Hall

kellyannmo

The door and "beams" are cardstock... I wish they were made of something else, but they will work.

• Like 2

From the album:

1/2 Scale Petite Properties: Hobgoblin Hall

· 23 images
  • 23 images
  • 0 comments
  • 92 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Canon Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
  • Focal Length 4.5 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/15
  • f Aperture f/3.5
  • ISO Speed 1600

Recommended Comments

When you say cardstock you are talking quite thin then, correct? Can you beef them up with more layers or just use wood trims?

When I have looked at their webstore, I've wondered about that factor. It seems like the smaller the scale, the more cardstock or illustration board used.

Can you successfully use paperclay on either of those? I adore this kit and when it is back in stock, I'm going to be sorely tempted.

Hi Selkie :) ... it's about the thickness of photo mats.... the door has 3 layers, so it's actually not too bad.  I could have cut it from wood, but was too lazy.  The interior beams are also ok since they are glued onto the wall and will be sealed with matte sealer.  The part I am really worried about is the roof.  The roof on this kit is also cardstock.  I have successfully used paperclay on a 1/4 scale roof that was made from cardstock.  This one.... eeeeee, I am worried.  I will seal the heck out of it first, and will use strip wood on the inside for a timbered ceiling... I am going to do a clay thatch (wish me luck... shiver) ... I am also considering lining the roof with 1/32 thick plywood (or thinner)... thankfully I have time to consider what to do.

It is a really fun kit so far.... (applying a bit of peer pressure here... ha ha)

• Like 1

Thanks for taking time to explain it all. I was thinking that the weight and wetness of the paperclay could really do a number on something as thin as cardstock. Yikes!! I have an oatmeal box that isn't taking spackle or paperclay well at the moment and I think the cardboard in that is thicker than cardstock.

Is the 1/32 ply a luan type product? My Baba Yaga roof is cardstock and I was contemplating soaking something thin like luan and drying it curved so it can support my wooden dormer add on. Have you done that before?