1/2 Scale Petite Properties: Hobgoblin Hall

kellyannmo

Downstairs is finished except for a clear coat.

• Like 3

From the album:

1/2 Scale Petite Properties: Hobgoblin Hall

· 23 images
  • 23 images
  • 0 comments
  • 92 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Canon Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
  • Focal Length 4.5 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/20
  • f Aperture f/3.5
  • ISO Speed 1250

Recommended Comments

Love this view. I adore those hidden stairs. You were putting those in a another house too, correct?

So, Still picking your brain a bit more -  I'm noticing texture on the walls in between the timbers. Is that spackle or paint or tissue? Holly had suggested tissue stucco for cardboard. Still fussing with mine and not satisfied.

• Like 1

Beautiful stairs and of course your timbers are perfect :) Selkie, the Greenleaf stucco is amazing as well as inexpensive.

• Like 1

the wall timbers are just cardstock and came with the kit... I just slapped some paint on them :) ... the stucco on the walls is actually some rather old house paint... it's pretty thick 'cause it's pretty old.... I just pounce it on the walls before I glued on the cardstock timbers... then once the timbers were glued in place I added a muddy wash to dirty up the walls :)

oh... and yes Selkie... I have another set of hidden stairs in my First Lady (which is sitting on the floor in a terrible unfinished state... LOL)

Thanks Kelly. I have tons of old yucky paint I can't ever get to the recycle place. I think I'll give that try. Sounds like it adds significantly less weight. Just the idea that might work!!!

• Like 1

I think you'll like the paint Selkie... I use spackle a lot, but on a little 1/2 scale sometimes spackle is just too thick and messy... the paint adds enough texture to do the job without the mess and "weight" of the spackle... let me know if it works :) ... hugs