Petit point stair runner

Myangela

FINALLY finished stitching the stair runner today! This piece of handwork has been my idle time companion on my trips to the miniature shows in Chicago and Dallas this past spring, and most recently flying over the Atlantic to spend time in Budapest and then floated down the Danube through Hungary, Austria, and Bavaria, Germany to Nuremberg, then onto Frankfort Airport, and finally back home to Houston.

• Like 4

From the album:

Orchid, Shabby Chic?

· 107 images
  • 107 images
  • 0 comments
  • 349 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Thank you! My first piece of petit point, it's a 40 count piece of canvas. I designed it, too. And, it is full of flaws! Taking it up the angled staircase, well, I made a paper templet, which was frustrating, but, it worked! Whew!

Well, I'd say that is one well traveled carpet!!

Does it have magic qualities that took you on magical journeys? Sorry, couldn't help it!

Well, I'd say that is one well traveled carpet!! Does it have magic qualities that took you on magical journeys? Sorry, couldn't help it!
It will always have magical qualities to take me back to that place in time whenever I see it, or, really whenever I think about it and where I was while I was working on it.