wallpaper audition

Deb

One of the reasons I do a final dry fit after putting a coat of paint on the exterior is to make sure the wallpaper selections are still going to look right. I made a couple of changes since the two predominately ivory papers didn't sing the way I wanted them to. I pulled two that are more within the green palette and am very happy with the way they look. Apparently Miss Tennyson likes the way she looks in shades of green and since it's also my favorite color, we're in harmony once again. Only two of the papers look green and those are separated with the second floor in between so it's not an overall-green look. The Itsy Bitsy wallpapers are subtle and delicate so the green isn't that noticeable until you look closely but they are soooooooooooo pretty with the sage and ivory exterior and they go together very well.

• Like 1

From the album:

Miss Tennyson in Progress

· 23 images
  • 23 images
  • 0 comments
  • 52 image comments

Recommended Comments

This is a really good step. My houses go in and out of dry fit several times during a build, but I hadn't thought about it quite this way. Thanks for the tip :)

• Like 1

A good idea and some nice papers there too! Love the green to the bottom left!

At least you got wallpaper that might work for you.... All the paper I have is not quite right. so back to the drawing board for me.... 

• Like 1

I'm kind of obsessive when it comes to wallpaper and have a couple of systems that I use.  When I start planning a house I copy and paste wallpaper swatch jpegs into a Word document in rows and columns so that they're in the same visual configuration as the rooms that they'll be in within the house so I can make sure that colors and patterns are in balance....being sure to distribute heavy colors and patterns evenly.  It's surprising how often that layout shows me that I've put two of the same colors too close together or all the heavy designs on one side of the house which makes it visually "tip".  I used that system to help clients see how their wallpaper choices would look in a house before we bought the wallpaper and it really helped with the decision making.  But even after all that I still do this final audition before making anything permanent.  

And yet somehow I started out today by using the wrong paper on the attic dormer.  Luckily I caught it before the glue dried and was able to rip it off and start over with the right one.  That's why I always buy extra wallpaper.  LOL!!!!  

I have great paper that worked, - then I made a ceiling light - now nothing works. I'm getting ready to post an emergency post here..... hahahaha....

I have great paper that worked, - then I made a ceiling light - now nothing works. I'm getting ready to post an emergency post here..... hahahaha....

I've had that happen to me when I thought everything was perfect and then the colors changes under the new light.   Even if the light shades aren't tinted, it can still change the tone just enough to throw things off.