Right side. You can see the plexiglass I slid in channel moulding to keep curious hands out.

LadyGunn
  • Like 1

From the album:

Orchid - First build

· 14 images
  • 14 images
  • 0 comments
  • 23 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SCH-I535
  • Focal Length 3.7 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/30
  • f Aperture f/2.6
  • ISO Speed 100

Recommended Comments

Great solution. Kids and grownup kids will touch everything they see these days. No impulse control. It's a huge problem at our fairs.

I'm happy you can enter this in your fair. We aren't allowed to enter anything that came from a kit, even if we completely changed it. It annoys me tremendously but rules are rules. Congratulations.

• Like 1

Good job on the plexiglass. I got an acrylic sheet from Hobby Lobby for a cover for my Appleby Cottage, but I just tacked it on with glue dots. On rehabbing an old house I didn't want to drill holes in the original framework, and didn't have any chanell moulding to use, so I just used the dots. But they are not holding. I've been called to the Hobby Hall twice to fix it. :( 

While I was there one evening a family with several small children was near the dollhouse display but the adults were looking towards something else. One little boy, about 3, ducked under the fencing and got right up to the dollhouse (not mine) which did not have a cover over it. Fortunately his mother saw him quickly and grabbed him back. But he only needed about 30 more seconds to start grabbing things out of the house. Our entry forms tell us to cover the houses, but I'm the only one that did. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry the glue dots aren't holding. The top plexiglass on mine is getting scratches on it from the shingles whenever it's slid in or out, so no answer is perfect. The other 1:12 house entered (also an Orchid) had thick clear plastic pinned over the opening. All the other exhibits were in display boxes or under glass domes. There was no requirement, but it just makes sense to cover anything you don't want messed with.

That is such a clever idea.   It will also keep out dust.   I have to think of a way to protect my Garfield.   Right now I keep it covered in a clear plastic sheet/tarp but using plexiglass is a brilliant idea.   

I just ordered some glue dots that many have talked about so I plan on using them for pictures and also to make some sort of plastic or plexiglass protective cover for at least the back of my Garfield once I finish building it.