• Like 3

From the album:

Stickyfingers' Orchid

· 22 images
  • 22 images
  • 0 comments
  • 98 image comments

Recommended Comments

Thanks so much! I like that blue wall color so much I want to paint my real bedroom that color. I hope to add more/better photos as soon as the sun comes back out and I get my camera set up.

• Like 1

Thanks! Those floors were a labor of love (aka doing it the hard way.) Siding strips cut in half, then cut into random lengths. Sanded, stained x2, glued to the floor, one coat of shellac, 4-5 coats of wipe on poly, followed by some black shoe polish in the nooks and crannies. I think it took or three weeks of fiddling, but I'm happy with how they turned out. The bottom floor was mostly heart wood, and the top floor was just random grain and colors.  

Thank you so much! This is my first real house, so I'm still really slow and figuring everything out (mostly the hard way), so it's so nice to hear compliments on all of it.

Love these floors...I'm definitely going to go the hard way if it turns out that splendid!  The fact that this is your first real house is encouragement to a newbie like myself!

• Like 1

Beautiful, Linda.  Your talent is amazing and I can tell you put a lot of love into it.  Someone suggested I see your house because I just brought home my Orchid today and it will be my first real house.  I did build the RGT Vermont Jr. but did not really decorate the inside because it was for a child's birthday and time was up.   If my Orchid turns out half as nice as yours, I will be proud.  Thank you for the inspiration.  Peggy