orchid exterior

stickyfingers

The gingerbread is done! Really happy with how the stone foundation turned out, and I'm thinking of adding just a tiny bit of moss to some of the stones. All that's really left is shingles and a good dusting.

• Like 2

From the album:

Stickyfingers' Orchid

· 22 images
  • 22 images
  • 0 comments
  • 98 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SCH-S738C
  • Focal Length 2.8 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/20
  • f Aperture f/2.6
  • ISO Speed 100

Recommended Comments

Thanks so much! I did a lot of research about Gothic Revival and Carpenter Gothic houses, and the folks at Corona/Greenleaf did a great job getting all of the details right for this house. I've used most of the kit, leaving off just the stairs and the roof trim. I did add a LOT of strip wood, inside and out. Anywhere there was a gap, or if something looked unfinished the way it was. The board and batten siding was easy and fast to do -a little bit fiddly, though. The teal house color is an old Martha Stewart color called "Milk Pail." Front door is Ceramcoat "Barn Red." The foundation could have been just painted gray, but I knew I wanted to try the egg carton stone for another build, and figured this was a great way to try it out in a small dose. If I didn't like it, I could just scrape it off or paint over it. I really like it though, and the house needed some texture. I'm almost ready to stain shingles! I've tried a few different stains so far and didn't like any of them, so this may take a while! I'm excited to get the shell finished and start working on furniture kits!

It is great to get inspiration from looking at photos of others work!  Thank you for the insight and ah ha moment !!  I am excited to restart my siding again as I see a simple solution from your photos.  The colour scheme is also inspiring ! Good work !

• Like 1