scratchbuilt2.jpg

kathi17

Back in the 1970's, I was stick building a dollhouse, and making furniture from scratch. We adopted some big cats, and they creamed everything. I put it all into storage, and never touched it again, because it was all in such bad shape, plus I was working full time. The other day, I dug it out, and repaired a few things. Some parts I couldn't find, like the paneled back to my settle. It all needs a good cleaning, but I think I will try to save it because I did such a lot of work on them. They were all cut with X-Acto knives, and any shaping was done with files. The little trundle bed, even has wooden wheels I made, which really roll. I can't find the big bed though.

• Like 1

From the album:

Furniture

· 12 images
  • 12 images
  • 0 comments
  • 27 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SM-N900T
  • Focal Length 4.1 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/172
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 50

Recommended Comments

Thanks Kathie, I forgot to take a picture of a little oriental plant stand I made. Some things I was disappointed in when I saw them again, but others I liked a lot. The best ones were made by scaling down full sized antique furniture plans from Dover books I used to have. The ones I made from miniature plan books weren't quite as nice.