5696a185a5a82-scratchbuilt1.jpg

kathi17

Back in the 1970's, I was stick building a dollhouse, and making furniture from scratch. We adopted some big cats, and they creamed everything. I put it all into storage, and never touched it again, because it was all in such bad shape, plus I was working full time. The other day, I dug it out, and repaired a few things. Some parts I couldn't find, like the drawer to my table. It all needs a good cleaning, but I think I will try to save them because I did such a lot of work on them. They were all cut with X-Acto knives, and any shaping was done with files. The little trundle bed, even has wooden wheels I made, which really roll. I can't find the big bed though.

Sorry these photos are so bad, but they were taken with my cellphone.

From the album:

Furniture

· 12 images
  • 12 images
  • 0 comments
  • 27 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SM-N900T
  • Focal Length 4.1 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/264
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 50

Recommended Comments

Thank you Debra. Unfortunately the top no longer flips. I think it is varnished together after all these years. The top on the seat still comes off though, and there is storage underneath. I've always wanted a real one of these!

Too bad they were destroyed as the furniture is so well done.  I especially like the tilt top table and the welsh style cupboard.

• Like 1

Thank you Sage, I never did get the hardware on the cupboard though.

A lot of of them were from Dover measured drawing books. I ran them through the photocopier at work, (I worked for a newspaper at that time), and copied them to 1/12th scale. I used basswood, and always used wood that was a little thinner than scale because I wanted them to be delicate. It's one of the things that bother me about the HOM kits. They seem to be clunkier than the ones I built.