© brae oktober

Barn door hardware - detail

otterine

I've made a rail for sliding doors that will extend past the end of the building on either side.  I saw this setup in real life at a wedding locale.

I used rectangular plastic tubing to have a good surface to attach to the barn itself.  I made a tiny channel in two lengths of tubing, closed on one end and open on the other.  Ball-top sewing pins, cut to fit, are attached to the doors and serve as the rollers inside the tubing.

The door brackets are made from zinc metal sheet my friend Bill sent me.  I glued the brackets in place and supplemented the hold with tiny nails.

I spray painted the plastic tubes and bracket hardware flat black.  I stippled on dark brown to simulate aged and corroded metal.  It's a subtle finish.

Copyright

© brae oktober

From the album:

Milo Valley Farm

· 158 images
  • 158 images
  • 0 comments
  • 354 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

The doors look beautiful!

There is a house not far from where I live that has a small barn. The doors are almost as wide as the front of the barn, so their door slider things stick out a long way on either side of the barn. It's an interesting detail!