© brae oktober

Electrical pole

otterine

With the knob and tube system installed in the barn, it was time to figure out how to get power there.  Enter the electrical pole.

I started with a 1/2" wooden dowel cut to a proportional size of 16" tall, not exact scale.  I took into consideration the fact that the wires need to clear the barn door to reach the tubes on the side of the barn.  I then brushed on a grey paint stain just in case any glue seeped out during the later steps.  I marred the surface with sandpaper and an awl, then added more washes.

I cut the cross bar from basswood, painted and aged before assembly.  The v-shaped stabilizer was cut from cardboard and painted to look like weathered metal.  I used metal headpins and tiny brads for stability and nail detailing.  I glued green adventurine cone beads onto the side wires and added aging washes.  These are as close to mini glass insulators as I could find.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 1

From the album:

Milo Valley Farm

· 158 images
  • 158 images
  • 0 comments
  • 354 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

This is a great shot! I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like when you run the electrical lines :) 

A simple detail that will add immensely to the overall scene..........it looked great without it.......it looks phenomenal with it!

8 hours ago, MikeUK said:

A simple detail that will add immensely to the overall scene..........it looked great without it.......it looks phenomenal with it!

What Mike said!