DSCF0069.JPG

cloudbound

The wood burl tables are made from 'slices' I purchased from a few different sellers on Etsy.  Each one looks so different.  The couch is a House of Miniatures kit that I just covered with a different fabric than the blue cotton that was provided.  Same thing with the armchair.  The footstool is just a piece of basswood covered with matching fabric and four wood 'beads' for feet. 

Most of the ceiling fixtures throughout are made of thin basswood I purchased at my local hobby shop.

DSCF0001.JPG

WIN_20160104_045605.JPG

WIN_20160104_045649.JPG

DSCF0071.JPG

DSCF0072.JPG

DSCF0073.JPG

DSCF0054.JPG

DSCF0032.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

• Like 1

From the album:

Cloudbound

· 18 images
  • 18 images
  • 0 comments
  • 26 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with ViviCam
  • Focal Length 28.8 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/13
  • f Aperture f/2.8
  • ISO Speed 353

Recommended Comments

This lodge is beautiful, I'm especially impressed by the carved doors.  Was this house a kit or a scratch build?  Words fail me, I totally love everything about it.

This house was already built when I bought it from an 'estate sale' at an auction house.  The auction house had about 8 or 9 dollhouses, all from the same estate.  The houses must've been stored in a shed or garage because they smelled bad.  The entire interior was wallpapered so to get rid of the stink I removed all of that.  Then I swabbed the walls and floors with a dilute solution of bleach and water to help get rid of the smell.  It seems to have worked because after two months in my house the smell is gone.  But I also live in a dry climate (Carson City, NV) and the house HAD been down in the Bay Area (Sunnyvale) of  California.  Mold and mildew is much more common down there.