Sketch of potential ideas for Bungalow Bash

24 images in Inspiration for next build

Sketch of potential ideas for Bungalow Bash

Inspiration for a bash. I don't think this will be the final rendition. This sis a rough sketch. I don't even know if I will be able to figure out pitches, etc.... But my plan is to bash the heck out of the beachside bungalow from RGT. 

Am I the only one that buys windows and doors and accessories without having the house yet?

3 people like this
From the album

Inspiration for next build

• 24 images
  • 32 comments

Photo Information

Taken with Apple iPad mini 2

• 3.3mm
  • 1/24
  • f f/2.4
  • ISO 40
View all photo EXIF information

User Feedback

9 Comments

Yup- I do that too!  :)  I want to do a scratch build of my childhood home someday and I've already bought furniture and architectural pieces to use in the build.

2 people like this

Share this comment

@jbnmini I figured a lot of mini folks here do that. I figured I would slowly pick up things each week so I'm not bombarded at a one time purchase I need so many supplies for building. It's so overwhelming.

1 person likes this

Share this comment

53 minutes ago, kathi17 said:

It looks like it will be a really pretty house!

@kathi17 I hope so. I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew

2 people like this

Share this comment

You can do it!  I've thought about bashing that bungalow, too.  Figuring out the roof pitch can be a challenge, especially when it butts into the existing roof.   I usually end up making a paper pattern and cut a piece of mat board or foam core to get the fit right.  Figuring out angles using mathematical formulae remains beyond my grasp, since seventh grade geometry!  

2 people like this

Share this comment

@Myangela I'm right there with you. I'm a visual person. I also will use paper and mat board. I did that for my kitchen cabinets in my sugarplum and worked great

1 person likes this

Share this comment

Love the sketch. I still have a box of Lawbre triple pane windows both short and tall for a house I was going to design someday, got ahead of myself there. But ive noticed the longer I am into this hobby the more I end up using most of the items I gathered, I even thought about using the triple panes in my 1/6 scale dormers on the 3rd floor.

1 person likes this

Share this comment

Wow I can't imagine being able to do that lol.  I did that bungalow I can't wait to see what you do. 

1 person likes this

Share this comment