extension1.jpg

kathi17

I started the extension to the first tatami room. The decorative window at the top on the left hand side is called a ramma. Below that, will be installed some shoji.

A box like structure, which forms a covered porch will be built on the outside of the left hand side, and will be accessed from the room through the shoji.

The right hand side has sliding "glass" doors from the second floor landing, and will open out onto a very narrow deck.

This whole structure will be on the front of the building and will be hinged to give access to the rooms. There will be a matching one over the dragon room and right hand part of the second floor landing.

The ramma for this one actually is supposed to be on the dragon room, but I was confused and thought I was building the side over the dragon room, and painted the ramma blue on the inside to match that room. Rather than try to cover the blue on the finished ramma without messing up the woven wooden decorations in it, I measured that ramma against this one. They have different shaped openings cut in them, but they are exactly the same size, so I just switched them, and will put this room's ramma in the dragon room instead.

From the album:

Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

· 134 images
  • 134 images
  • 0 comments
  • 337 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SM-N900T
  • Focal Length 4.1 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/47
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 50

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, sage minis said:

Enjoy so much seeing this come together. ..  Look forward to each of your progression pics.   

Thanks so much! I hope to have most of the little porch put together tonight!

3 hours ago, mikeuk said:

So precise!......I love it!

It's not lined up in this photo, it's just sitting on the downstairs roof. I sure hope it's precise when I do the extension on the other side and hinge them, and that it all meets nicely in the middle!