extension2.jpg

kathi17

Today I put the porch on the first tatami room extension. This is how the porch looks with the house closed. There will be Shoji on the inside, and sliding "glass" windows on the outside.

• Like 1

From the album:

Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

· 134 images
  • 134 images
  • 0 comments
  • 337 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SM-N900T
  • Focal Length 4.1 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/18
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 50

Recommended Comments

I can't remember the exact dimensions, but it's sitting on a 2' x 4' sheet of plywood, and when you open the extensions, they go all the way to the ends. When they are open half way, they go all the way to the front. (It's not easy to know the exact finished dimensions, since I don't read Japanese)!!! There is one more floor to put on, and a very large and ornate roof.

The house is 1/20th scale. If it was 1/12th, it would be huge!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, sage minis said:

I didn't realise it is 1/20th scale.   

Yeah, it makes it a little bit more difficult to use anything ready made, because 1/24th is too small, and 1/12th is too big. But I guess it is the same with even regular sized houses. Sometimes 1/12th furniture is too large for a 1/12th scale house.

What I really like is that you are finishing each room before the next so it's an even bigger treat watching it grow!

3 hours ago, mikeuk said:

What I really like is that you are finishing each room before the next so it's an even bigger treat watching it grow!

I like doing it this way too. I think my next house will be modular as well, because it's much more fun!

Kathy, I've been gone a while and haven't seen the finished build. It's just fantastic I am so happy that you enjoyed bringing it to life and shared your build with everyone.

36 minutes ago, aggiemae said:

Kathy, I've been gone a while and haven't seen the finished build. It's just fantastic I am so happy that you enjoyed bringing it to life and shared your build with everyone.

Thank you so much Aggiemae. I'm really happy that I've technically got it done so you can see how much happiness you brought me by selling it to me.

I've got more things I am going to make for the inside, but since the ryokan is technically done right now, I'm concentrating on the landscaping. The landscaping is making it look so much nicer! Lately, between working on greeting cards for a craft show I'm doing on Saturday, I've been making tons of flowers for the landscaping, and also designing a teahouse to go in the garden. I want this house to be a real work of art!