secondfloor2.jpg

kathi17

I finished the right side extension. Next I will be adding a shingled overhang over both extensions. This will take a little longer than the ones on the ground floor, because it goes over both porches, turns the corner, and goes over the middle as well.

• Like 1

From the album:

Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

· 134 images
  • 134 images
  • 0 comments
  • 337 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SM-N900T
  • Focal Length 4.1 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/20
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 50

Recommended Comments

Thanks! This week, I started bringing a bunch of the kits up to my mother's house with me, and staining the parts that need it up there while we are visiting. It makes it a lot faster to be able to just put it together at home, without having to stain it at the same time!

Love those windows......Oh for that amount of natural light..........it's a whole lot kinder than LED!

Thanks Mike, There will be LEDs inside eventually though, it's really dark in there with windows only on one side of each wall. It's one of the reasons I'm not attaching the floors together yet.

The other girl on here who built one told how she turned some hanging lamps that came with the kit into LED lights. I'm definitely going to do that, and by not attaching the different storeys together, it will be easier to electrify later, when I figure out where I want lights.

I'm actually hoping that I can figure out a way to make the whole thing secure without attaching it all permanently, and just wire each floor separately. The Owl's Head Transportation Museum in Owl's Head, Maine has a miniature and railroad show every March, and I'd love to take this to the the show next year. (It's not like a doll house show, I think it's mainly for just showing off your work). Anyway, if I have to attach everything, it will be too big and heavy to move easily.