orchidroom2.jpg

kathi17

Got most of the trimwork done on the rooms. Just a few more little things to do inside. I ran out of basswood trim, and we can't get it here any more, so I'll have to send for some to cover up the rough edges between floors and on the edges of the exterior walls.

I'm not sure I'm happy with this wallpaper, but I was running out of patterns to use. (This one was a bit short, but the patching on the back wall doesn't show up in person. The camera made it a lot more obvious). 

My granddaughter didn't want stairs, so I swapped the first and second floors so I could use a nice strong piece underneath to support the basswood "plug" I made for the staircase hole. Then I covered the floor with some vinyl wallpaper I had that looks sort of like marble

• Like 1

From the album:

My Second Orchid

· 7 images
  • 7 images
  • 0 comments
  • 18 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SM-N900T
  • Focal Length 4.1 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/122
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 50

Recommended Comments

Your granddaughter is going to love her house!!  Has she seen it yet?  i am heavily medicated after surgery and i dont remember if you told us...

• Like 1

I sent her a picture, but don't think she's been on the internet since I sent it. She won't get to see it in person until she gets here for the fourth. I hope you recover from your surgery quickly!

Thanks!  if I can sneak out to my shop without hubby catching me I might be able to work on my miniatures...

Your granddaughter is going to be thrilled with her house!

• Like 1