roof62016.jpg

kathi17

The roof is almost done. I forgot to take pictures when I was working on it outdoors, so this photo doesn't really show much. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

The roof isn't exactly the way it's supposed to be because I didn't have room for a higher row of tiles below the top decorations.

In one of the instruction books, there was a little inset showing the roofs with boards below the top decorations, and over the top row of tiles. I wasn't quite sure what this little inset of instructions was for, but it worked for hiding the gap between my top row and the top decoration. I'll try to take photos of that tomorrow. I also was having problems getting some wood strips to stick to the tiles in the valleys of the roof, so today I added some black Fimo to make a flat surface for the strips to stick to. It made a flat platform for the strips, rather than having the strips sticking only to the ridges on the tiles. I'll try to photograph that tomorrow too. To harden the Fimo, I used my heat gun, and ran it up and down the rows of Fimo, heating up the clay and the tiles. I kept alternating the four sections where I added the Fimo, so the heat from the tiles would help to bake it, and it worked. Now the strips are stuck better than before, and it looks neater.

I am now working on painting the tiles a uniform shade of black, and they look much nicer.

• Like 1

From the album:

Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

· 134 images
  • 134 images
  • 0 comments
  • 337 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SM-N900T
  • Focal Length 4.1 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/15
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 64

Recommended Comments

I completely agree with Mike's comments.  And it was clever of you to use the Fimo, not sure I would have thought of that.

• Like 1