cushions1.jpg

kathi17

I've been working on accessories for the ryokan. I made some cushions for the little legless chairs out of some fancy cloth I got at JoAnn's. It was a bit hard to work with, because it was really thicker than it should be for such a small scale, as well as fraying badly, but they look so elegant in person! The darker greenish blue ones are actually much lighter than they look here. They match the paper in the dragon room exactly, and have designs in gold metallic thread. The little things to the right of them are armrests for the chairs in the irori room. I have matching red cushions on those.

I made the plant in the back corner last winter. It was included in the kit. It was supposed to be for the 2nd floor hallway, but it was much too large for that room, so I put it on the third floor instead.

• Like 2

From the album:

Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

· 134 images
  • 134 images
  • 0 comments
  • 337 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with SAMSUNG SM-N900T
  • Focal Length 4.1 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/59
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 50

Recommended Comments

They look pretty elegant on the photo too and love the idea of armrests on their own stands!

All I'll say about the plant is I'm insanely envious of anyone who can make miniature plants look like plants and this looks like a plant......................I'm Green!!!

Thanks Mike, the cushions aren't as neat as the ones I made with the thin cotton that came with the kit, but I really like the rich looking fabric.

The plant came with the kit, and I had to cut all those stupid leaves out separately. A few fell off when I put it in the corner, so I've got to reglue those. The other plant is similar, but I've only got about a third of the leaves cut out. I know I can make much nicer plants on my own, but I really do want to add as much of the original kit as possible.