From the album:

~ Fairfield ~

· 58 images
  • 58 images
  • 0 comments
  • 222 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I think this looks super! I really like how the walls are different colors but are tied into the flooring. What did you use to make the mesh on the pantry door? 

Very nice. Love the colors. Did you make those kitchen cabinets? They are so pretty. The floor is awesome!

Love your paint job - and the color scheme evokes a very "Swedish" feeling to me.  :)  This is a great kitchen!

11 hours ago, amyole said:

I think this looks super! I really like how the walls are different colors but are tied into the flooring. What did you use to make the mesh on the pantry door? 

Hi thank you! I tried to make it a bit colorful so that the white furniture would stand out ^^

Regarding the pantry door, I made it out of two thin layers of 0,4mm plywood sheets and the mesh is white tulle fabric (not sure how it's called in english, it's that sort of mesh that is used to make pettycoats and other puffy garments). The door was then hinged onto another thin layer of wood covered in papper, and that whole section can actually be detached from the wall at any time - I have electricity wires running under the stairs, so like my built in shelf in the living room I had to make it accessible later in case it needed repairs. Glad you liked it :)

10 hours ago, Libby said:

Very nice. Love the colors. Did you make those kitchen cabinets? They are so pretty. The floor is awesome!

Thank you ^^ The kitchen cabinets, stove and hood were not made by me, they are part of a half scale set from Bespaq called "Julia's kitchen". The chairs and bench were 3D printed and painted over to ressemble wood. The walls and floor were assembled using tiny laminated wood tiles.

Congratulations on doing a beautiful job!  Love all the Bespaq (it really does make a difference) especially the kitchen set.  I just received the set in 1" scale today - it will be going in my Foxhall Manor.  I am thinking about ordering it in half scale also.  The 1" sets sold out so quickly with a very limited edition being made I'm afraid the half scale sets may do the same.   I was fortunate to find a mini shop on the east coast that had one set left.  Keep up with the amazing work you are doing,

1 hour ago, queenannediva said:

Congratulations on doing a beautiful job!  Love all the Bespaq (it really does make a difference) especially the kitchen set.  I just received the set in 1" scale today - it will be going in my Foxhall Manor.  I am thinking about ordering it in half scale also.  The 1" sets sold out so quickly with a very limited edition being made I'm afraid the half scale sets may do the same.   I was fortunate to find a mini shop on the east coast that had one set left.  Keep up with the amazing work you are doing,

Thank you! Yes their sets are gorgeous and one of the few options for highly realistic furniture for half scale, Bespaq, JBM, and then it's mostly few select manufacturers and artisans, I might have to end up crafting a lot of things myself. Congratulations! I'm sure it will look fantastic on your mannor! :) The 1:24 is not such a popular scale as the 1:12 so you might find it around easier, at least I did. This was the first set of furniture I saved money to buy after I had purchased all the construction materials, totally worth it!