Bed & Ottoman from scratch

JenniferKennedy

Made a bed from scratch, it's a little gaudy, I know...hopefully I can make it work in the room.  I used jewelry findings for the "carvings" on the headboard and footboard... The neutral linens tone it down a little, I think, I hope, lol.  (I used fabric stiffener to stiffen the draped fabric)

The little tufted bench was a booger!!

• Like 11

From the album:

My First Dollhouse - Beacon Hill

· 83 images
  • 83 images
  • 0 comments
  • 423 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 6s Plus
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/40
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 25

Recommended Comments

15 hours ago, MaryKate said:

That is gorgeous! May I ask what kind of fabric you used for the bedding/skirt? The drape is incredibly realistic.

I used a sheer like cotton (it was a curtain panel I'd picked up at a thrift store, great place to find unique fabric cheap!). The draping I'd done by soaking it with a good dose of Aleen's Stiffen Quick, I then used skewers to manipulate the folds until I liked the way they looked... Let dry over night and it stiffened and the drape stays!

Tried to upload an image but it wouldn't let me :(

• Like 2

I think the bed is awesome, Jennifer!  :D  And that bench is great!  

Did you make your own wainscot, or was it one of those pre-made panels?   The room is just wonderful!

• Like 1

I always say, More is More. This is gorgeous!!! Beautiful job, I love the colors and the flourishes. I'm afraid to try draping fabrics, yours look awesome!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JenniferKennedy said:

I used a sheer like cotton (it was a curtain panel I'd picked up at a thrift store, great place to find unique fabric cheap!). The draping I'd done by soaking it with a good dose of Aleen's Stiffen Quick, I then used skewers to manipulate the folds until I liked the way they looked... Let dry over night and it stiffened and the drape stays!

Tried to upload an image but it wouldn't let me :(

Thank you so much, that actually makes perfect sense. I love the RL look of actual linen bed coverings, and this is looks so close to that. I seriously want to roll around on that bed. ;)

• Like 1

This room has so much character, I can almost see the face of the woman who lives in it, I imagine she is beautiful with great taste.