From the album:

The Glencroft Dollhouse: Bathroom

· 8 images
  • 8 images
  • 0 comments
  • 41 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

A shower...friggin shower in a doll house!  This is jaw dropping fabulous. You could pass this off as a real life bathroom picture. 

Really, really fabulous!! Love all of the details you added, and I love the use of all black and white! I've been coveting that flooring paper a while...how did you like it? They also make a penny round that I want. Are you going to tell us how you did that tile?

6 hours ago, mesp2k said:

Looks great!

Did you extend the bathroom, it seems longer or how did you fit the shower under the roof slant?

Thanks! No extending. The main change I did in this room was drop the ceiling. I didnt want a vaulted ceiling in this room like the bedroom so I used the same foam core board that I made the walls out of to make a dropped ceiling. It also made a great little attic space to hide all the upstairs wiring. I designed the shower to fit like an "L" shape around the roof slant. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

Really, really fabulous!! Love all of the details you added, and I love the use of all black and white! I've been coveting that flooring paper a while...how did you like it? They also make a penny round that I want. Are you going to tell us how you did that tile?

Thank you @stickyfingers! I was definitely reluctant to use that floor paper it at first because I wanted something that was textured or embossed to look real but honestly, this was the only tile pattern that matched the style/era/look that I was going for so I decided to try it out. I ended up spraying both sides of it with Krylon Matte spray to seal it, then I lightly sponged some super watered down raw umber paint to create some discoloring and age, then sprayed again with the Krylon Matte to seal. (Im curious how a satin sealer would look, I only had Matte spray on hand but I feel the Satin finish might look more realistic.) I really liked their penny round as well but the hexagon won for me. As far as the tile goes, I made a tutorial page HERE. Thanks again for your wonderful comments!

C

Your work is incredible!  I am an architect, and I just go back again and again to look at the photos of your Glencroft!  Your craft/quality is amazing, your design sense is wonderful, your color sense equally wonderful!  Made me think you may also be an architect or designer or set designer or... ? 

Love your work.  I do have a question.  How did you kitbash the toilet from the Chyrsnbon bathroom kit to make a more contemporary toilet?  I like the pieces in the kit but the toilet style is not really right for my 1930's Glencroft.