Entry

Buendia

The Entry... pretty much finished (I did a few more little trim pieces after I took this photo plus paint touch-up).  It is pretty much inaccessible at this point, but I can still photograph it from the drawing room, so once the side wall is glued in, I'll take a few more photos!

• Like 5

From the album:

Willowcrest - Beauty on a Budget

· 22 images
  • 22 images
  • 1 comment
  • 60 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 5
  • Focal Length 4.1 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/20
  • f Aperture f/2.4
  • ISO Speed 64

Recommended Comments

OK, well, I'm going to shelve my Willowcrest for now - maybe forever. LOL There is no way I can even come close to making mine look this nice. Your entry hall is beautiful!

You are so funny (and thank you so much)!  Don't shelve the Willowcrest - it's such a beautiful house!  And the perfect size (not too big).  And a really interesting floor plan...

It's not easy mixing different colors and patterns in a tight space, but you've knocked it out of the park!  This is beautiful!  :clap:

19 hours ago, Elsbeth said:

I just love that floor.

Thank you! Found it in an internet search... then put the border around it sized to the dollhouse floor in Pages, then printed at my copyshop.  I sealed it with matte sealer before I put it down...  I am now on the hunt for a kitchen floor!  Also - part of me thinks I should have created the whole thing with little squares of paper, but that's crazy, right?

Well not crazy for a miniaturist!! But I always think if you can find an easier/faster way to do something with a great end result, then it is the efficient/smarter way to go. I think you did great - love it!!!

I am currently working on a Willowcrest, but doing some bashing in the process. I love your floor! I agree with the printing of a whole tile floor rather than doing little squares. One thing I DID do with printed tiles was to take an embossing tool and created a tiny bit of a grout line along the tile edges to give a bit of texture before sealing.