Drawing room

Buendia

Fireplace is made out of matte board, wainscot and other paneling is kleenex and cracker boxes.  I used little glue dots to embellish the fireplace metal, then painted matte black.  The ceiling trim is just a plain piece of basswood.  Ceiling is scrapbook paper, painted.  The trim around the opening is made from bits of matte board.

• Like 6

From the album:

Willowcrest - Beauty on a Budget

· 22 images
  • 22 images
  • 1 comment
  • 60 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone 5
  • Focal Length 4.1 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/20
  • f Aperture f/2.4
  • ISO Speed 160

Recommended Comments

Oh!  You are all so sweet!  Up close it's a little more... home-made... but it's super fun!  My daughter's friends particularly like this project.  They're used to my projects, and always want to know more.  To my daughter it's just what I do, and not all that interesting, but I can't help thinking that I hope she saves this one.  My colleague - another architect - said I am insane!

• Like 1

I'll bet you are inspiring some of your daughter's friends to take up miniatures at some point!

My granddaughter's friends keep telling her dollhouses are for babies. I'm glad she isn't listening to them! She's got two houses now, and she's already started making miniatures herself, and collecting interesting things in antique shops. The boys are loving their houses too!