bottomfloorlighting.jpg

kathi17

This is the bottom floor all wired. The rest of the floors are all sitting around the shop waiting to be put back together. These are the three lights I made today. For the one in the kitchen, I drew a triangle shaped piece with a flat top, and copied it four times with heavy metallic copper card stock, and four times with rice paper for the lining. There are holes cut into the copper paper so the light shines through.

For the other two lights, I used a couple of my dies for card making and my die cutter, then lined them with rice paper. I was trying to make something besides shoji style lamps. They do look like copper in real life, and are very sturdy. I'll try to take better photos tomorrow. Hopefully, I will also get the middle floor rewired,

I'm sort of bummed out. I can't find the 9 volt battery holder thingy for the third floor, so I won't be able to light that floor until I either find my other one, or send for a new one. Sometimes I swear there are little gremlins who sneak in and make things disappear!!!

Oh yeah, the little Van Brode Mexican man is holding down the fort for the owner, while he goes out to get supplies!

Jodi, I guess great minds think alike, I made these lights today, and when I got home, I saw your post on my blog!!!

From the album:

Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

· 134 images
  • 134 images
  • 0 comments
  • 337 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with samsung SM-G935T
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/10
  • f Aperture f/1.7
  • ISO Speed 250