landscapingoct1.jpg

kathi17

I added the landscaping mat after I did the towels. The instructions said to use a heat gun to mold it to the landscaping, but all I managed to do with the heat gun was to warp the mat so some of it won't lie flat any more. I glued it down and am weighing it down with bricks right now, hoping it will flatten out. Luckily it's at the back, on one side of the ryokan.

Anyway, finally I took the ryokan apart again, then had to separate the layers of the base, so I could try doing one layer at a time. The mat was only a few inches wider and longer than the base, so I didn't have any extra to play with. It looks acceptable though, even though it isn't what I had planned on using. After I had cut each layer to fit, I decided to use those little garden stones and some silicone glue to make rock retaining walls. It would have been easier to use egg cartons I think, but everyone who came in today loves the little stones.

I also started marking where I want an outdoor onsen, and marking a little stream to put the bridge over.

From the album:

Japanese Inn and Spa Ryokan

· 134 images
  • 134 images
  • 0 comments
  • 337 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with samsung SM-G935T
  • Focal Length 4.2 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/24
  • f Aperture f/1.7
  • ISO Speed 100